• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Great "unknown" climbs

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
577752_10151546733815276_179911085275_23664648_1535790970_n.jpg

Eshnar said:
Finally the profile of Stentaria has popped up on Salite.ch
11761.gif

There's a crazy rumour about a MTF to go there for the next Giro :D
PS: I'm serious. There IS that rumour.

I saw this only yesterday, didn't realise it was a new addition. Looks like a fairly poor road though?

The real question, would they allowed to descend Zoncolan into Ovaro. Cars would be able to follow on the road from Sutrio?

Ferminal said:
I saw this only yesterday, didn't realise it was a new addition. Looks like a fairly poor road though?

The real question, would they allowed to descend Zoncolan into Ovaro.
The road is in very bad state, but if Cainero wants they'll resurface it. I see a MTF on Stentaria unlikely but possible. The original rumour, though, adds Crostis and Zonc (from Sutrio) before it. Well, that's just bs. It is impossible to descend the Ovaro side with those narrow tunnels at the beginning. They prevents any kind of medical cars to follow the riders. It's way worse than Crostis.

Eshnar said:
The road is in very bad state, but if Cainero wants they'll resurface it. I see a MTF on Stentaria unlikely but possible. The original rumour, though, adds Crostis and Zonc (from Sutrio) before it. Well, that's just bs. It is impossible to descend the Ovaro side with those narrow tunnels at the beginning. They prevents any kind of medical cars to follow the riders. It's way worse than Crostis.

Crostis-Zoncolan-Stentaria would rather be attempted mass-murder than cycling, i can't imagine them descending the Ovaro side, isn't Crostis Stentaria brutal enough:D?.

Besides, I found this one http://www.climbbybike.com/profile.asp?Climbprofile=Passo-di-Tremalzo&MountainID=12279 Passo di Tremalzo. Don't have pictures, don't know anything about the road conditions, but the profile looks pretty awesome.

Edit, how do you post foto's?

Apr 13, 2012
www.ciclishop.nl
When I saw this thread I remembered a climb I did two years ago. I went near the Cevennes in France. A friend told me about a very steep climb the Mont Bouquet starting from Brouzet Les Ales.

The climb is 4.6 km long and you climb 437 meters. The climb starts with 13/14% and has multiple steep sections of +20% the average is 9.5%. The very steep sections make the climb hard. Your reward is on the top when you have a spectacular view over the region.

Mont_Bouquet_Brouzet_les_Ales_profile.gif

Well i read this thread and noticed that no one here posted some austrian climbs, so i go with one now: Ebnit

This climb has an lenght of 12km and gains 680m of altitude. That's roundabout 5,6% average. There are also very steep parts in it and this climb is maybe not the hardest but the scenery is stunning and reminds a bit of fedaia.

some photos:
630_624_gradient.gif

Ebnit06.jpg

Ebnit08.jpg

Ebnit09.jpg

Red Rick said:
Actually, does the Tour ever use climbs from the Cévennes region. It looks like some climbs are pretty good for climbs outside the traditional mountain ranges

apart from Lusette there isn't anything really interesting there.

Ok, while not quite Cevennes, maybe also going all the way to Pierre-sur-Haute would be a challenging climb but the military is already there unfortunately.

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
WKA311 said:
Hmm the Mont Aigoul from the south is interesting too, i think.
33,8 km while gaining 1465m altitude, nothing spectacular but still impressive for that region.

I think that's the climb featured in Tim Krabbe's [em]The Rider[/em].

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Here's the Mauna Kea climb.
Alpe, I know we've talked about it, and forgive me if you have answered already, but have you ridden any of the Hawaiian climbs? If so, was it at a race or leisure pace? I ask because, for me, the hardest climb I've done was an unknown (to me) thing called Le Ej at the 2002 Grand Fondo Campagnolo. Passo Manghen is the hardest ride done at leisure because I was chasing someone whereas Mont Ventoux was less daunting because I was leading.

Aside from its monstrous proportions, is Mauna Kea as epic of a ride as it seems on paper and photo?

Seems i've got a problem posting pictures:(.
Anyway, i found a climb starting in arco which kicks scannuppia's ***. 8,9 km at 18%, steepest 100m about 37%.

Manuel Uribe for the win if they race on it:DHe's so fat the road will flatten as he rides it

TRENDING THREADS