• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg Lemond from another great racer's point of view

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn_Wilson said:
The subtitle of The Clinic is "The Clinic is the only place on Cyclingnews where you can discuss doping-related issues. Ask questions, discuss positives or improvements to procedures."

Yet, we are getting threats from mods, whining from GL defenders, etc. when this thread starts going into possible drug use by GL, his competitors, etc. This thread was started in The Clinic. I suggest the mods move this thread to another section of the forum so it will stop all the confusion and ironic threats from mods that are confused about what part of the forum they are in.

That way, we can stay on topic and just rave about how this guy's "opinion" makes us giggle like schoolgirls at a Justin Bieber concert, without all of these pesky little doping whispers that taint our hero. Thank you
Create your own thread instead of derailing this one.

I think one moderator was ****ed off few months ago about false allegations about Lemond doping so he created a thread just to discuss these allegations. And guess what happened. Nothing, absolutely nothing and nobody came forward other than the stupid iron shots in the Giro. Don't you want to be the first one?

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
Great thread that went for a sh*t...

I understand what the Clinc's for, but seriously... The Usual Suspects are starting to p*ss me off. If they're not actively trolling, or trying to pointedly sway perception, then they can only be as dumb as stumps.

What happened to Granville's idea of an official 'tard thread?

I appreciate the 'doping is all bad' approach from an ethical standpoint, but to equate the historical effects of amp with EPO is patently ***.

I smell a little 'well poisoning' going on.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I am editing out some of the more recent derailments right now.
Please take a moment to consider whether your post is on topic before hitting 'submit'

For the past 24 hrs this has been nothing but derailments and moderation.

One poster has already been given a short suspension and following that lead would mean suspending at least a handful of subsequent posters in the thread as well.

Lemond and doping has been discussed A LOT in the forum to date, so I find it almost unbelievable that someone would be able to come up with new information worthy of rehashing it. Should someone be able to bring anything new on that topic, it will definitely be worthy of it's own thread (and that's a very big IF). It is NOT, however, the topic of this thread - a fact that seems to escape everybody posting here despite the numerous warnings on exactly that.

For the moment I'm closing this thread as it seems nobody has anything more to add to the original topic which, if anybody remembers, was about an interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.