• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

greg lemond - jealous of lance?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Harplayr said:
Sounds like the tin hatters are in full swing.:D

No, I’m not part of any conspiracy….I’m just a guy that has great admiration for Lemond, is thankful for him sparking my interest in cycling, and hoping in the future he will continue to inspire more people to get off the couch and onto their bikes.

No, you are the guy who lies about how long he has read the forum. It is slip ups like that make what you are doing very transparent. Get a new script, hater.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
No, you are the guy who lies about how long he has read the forum. It is slip ups like that make what you are doing very transparent. Get a new script, hater.
How does saying I credit the guy for sparking my interest in the sport, admire him, and hope he will inspire others translate into being a “hater”? :confused:

Harplayr said:
How does saying I credit the guy for sparking my interest in the sport, admire him, and hope he will inspire others translate into being a “hater”? :confused:

Typical muppet script that we have seen scores of times. It starts with a lie about how the new poster is a long time lurker, first time poster. It then proceeds to a dubious claim that the poster once admired Lemond. Finally it ends with a load of manure about Lemond being bitter and jealous of Armstrong and that he needs to shut up. It does not take a rocket scientist to see the pattern.

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Typical muppet script that we have seen scores of times. It starts with a lie about how the new poster is a long time lurker, first time poster. It then proceeds to a dubious claim that the poster once admired Lemond. Finally it ends with a load of manure about Lemond being bitter and jealous of Armstrong and that he needs to shut up. It does not take a rocket scientist to see the pattern.

I do fit the first part of the “pattern” of being a long time lurker and having a great deal of respect for Lemond.

I’ve made no mention of Armstrong. I am more blaming the press for the negative portrayal of him in the media these last few years. I still admire the man and his accomplishments and hope his future is filled with success and he gets the accolades he deserves.

I’m just not seeing the cause for your negative reaction to what I’m saying or how you are interpreting my posts as a slam on Lemond. I certainly don’t “hate” Lemond. Far from it! I respect the heck out of the man. He’s one of the few “stars” or athletes I’ve met that exceeded my expectations when meeting them.

The only thing you got me on is how long I’ve been lurking before posting. I swap between the Velo site and this one for cycling news and wrongly posted my lurker status as being “several” years instead a “couple” of years. Kind of a ridiculous nit-pick if you ask me.

But if you hate anybody saying nice things about Lemond….then so be it. That’s your problem, not mine.

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
Hangdog98 said:
Seriously? Does the Lemond camp really now believe that support for Lance Armstrong could only come from a group of people supporting multiple identities posting in support of Lance. How many conspiracy theories do you need to keep believing in the LA doping fantasy? First he sells bikes on ebay to pay for drugs, then it's money siphoned off USPS, then it's money siphoned off cancer research money, then he pays off the UCI, the WADA and every human being he has ever come into contact with. Now there's a group of dedicated internet junkies who spend their days creating multiple forum user accounts to offer rebuttle to the LA haters.

The reason there's 100 new members on the forum is that ALL cycling forums enjoy a boost in membership around the time of the Tour deFrance. Surely you're not too dense to figure that out Noose NcMuckles?

Listen to yourself. Get some perspective. :rolleyes:

Pssst... how much is LA paying you? El Pistelero pays better and he's not a meglomaniac. Just saying... ;)

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

and they never answer the question... notice how this poster dodges the 'reading the forum for years' issue.