• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greg Van Avermaet

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I was a big fan, he was a tough tough dude. Biggest tragedy of his career for me is obviously getting taken out at RVV when he was in with a chance to win it. No guarantee he would have won but to be denied the chance in such a stupid way was very sad to see; he was on fire and I personally think he could have done it. Great career, chapeau Greg!
Damn, I forgot about it, but now you mention 'tragedy'. But he also got robbed of a San Sebastian win.

Remember that edition Yates won? He had dropped everyone on the climb only to get taken out by a motorbike.

Damn, I forgot about it, but now you mention 'tragedy'. But he also got robbed of a San Sebastian win.

Remember that edition Yates won? He had dropped everyone on the climb only to get taken out by a motorbike.
Quite easy to forget also the 2014 Milano-Sanremo. GVA had the jump on everybody in the sprint and then his chain fell off. Not sure that he would win, but it was a perfect tactic and incredibly unlucky.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
One of my favourite riders. I was always happy to see him on the top step of the podium.

Z06Z8f3.png