• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greipel's sour grapes

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
happychappy said:
The only reason this is being discussed is because 'Greipel'

What's with the single quotes?

happychappy said:
is attempting to weasel his way into the top spot at Columbia with his comments on Cav's form and the resulting and intended bickering

What comments? As far as I can see, Cavendish is the only one who's said anything. In this case, slinging insults.

happychappy said:
- like I said 'Greipel' hasn't got the legs to talk for him so he has to run his mouth.

Yes, he clearly has no legs. He won those 5 GT stages and a points jersey in an elementary school raffle

happychappy said:
How many tour stage wins does 'Greipel' have, I forget :confused::D

Considering he's never ridden the Tour, that's exactly the same as criticising Cavendish for not winning any Vuelta stages.

Your arguments are awful, your bias is immense and obvious and your reasoning is faulty. Your trolling fails miserably ;)

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
So, you make a wild claim that Greipel is whining, completely unsupported by any claim in reality.

Apart from that time just the other day when he was whining about not being chosen for M-SR?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:
Apart from that time just the other day when he was whining about not being chosen for M-SR?

Your point being?

He was directly asked if he thought he should've been selected for San Remo. He answered that he felt his form and results deserved it. That's it. What do you suggest he should've said? No, I shouldn't have been selected? How was he "whining"?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Jamsque said:

Put yourself in greipel's shoes, now as a journo I'll ask how do you feel about MSR....are you happy you've been winning another guy is not and they take the other guy?

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
issoisso said:
Your arguments are awful, your bias is immense and obvious and your reasoning is faulty. Your trolling fails miserably ;)

'Greipel' is no where near Cav's level, his winnings are non existant compared to Cav's - that isn't opinion that's simply a fact.
Like I've already said, 'Greipel' got exactly what he wanted out of this, he baited Cav and got his ('Greipel') name in the press without even turning a pedal.

At the end of the day Cav still has a number of back to back tour wins and the #1 spot at Columbia. Bring on the 2010 tour :D

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
happychappy said:
'Greipel' is no where near Cav's level, his winnings are non existant compared to Cav's - that isn't opinion that's simply a fact.
Like I've already said, 'Greipel' got exactly what he wanted out of this, he baited Cav and got his ('Greipel') name in the press without even turning a pedal.

At the end of the day Cav still has a number of back to back tour wins and the #1 spot at Columbia. Bring on the 2010 tour :D

Greipel did not get what he wanted ie his name in the press, he was approached for an interview. He didn't seek it nor did his agent.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
Greipel did not get what he wanted ie his name in the press, he was approached for an interview. He didn't seek it nor did his agent.

Ignore the trolls. They feed off of responses to spout their completely illogical crap ;)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
Normally I would, but SOMEONE ON THE INTERWEBS IS WRONG!!!!!

internet-serious-business.jpg

hektoren said:
Considering that this whole subject has been discussed in intricate detail among the know-it-alls, dividing their time between scratching their ball$ and collecting unemployment benefits, I'd guess you're right. Nothing like an opinionated keyboard-whacker with multiple axes to grind and ample time to pursue his favorite pastime. Hearing it from the horse's mouth is quite a different proposition though, don't you think?

Sounds like some serioius projection going on here. What's the problem? Are your unemployment benefits running out and you decided to take a break from finding a large cardboard box under the freeway to make a post?

It's not my fault that you are too stupid to read the thread that discusses the same subject, a thread that has existed for a long time now. It is one of those things, evidently a thing that escapes someone a thick as you, that I'm afraid I will have to explain. It's a good idea to read the other threads in a forum before starting a new one. We realize that there are people who are too dumb to figure this out for themselves. That why there is a sticky thread which gives this same advice. It's been there for months and months, probably going on a year now. It was created because the forum became swamped with similar threads started by douchebags such as you.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Sounds like some serioius projection going on here. What's the problem? Are your unemployment benefits running out and you decided to take a break from finding a large cardboard box under the freeway to make a post?

It's not my fault that you are too stupid to read the thread that discusses the same subject, a thread that has existed for a long time now. It is one of those things, evidently a thing that escapes someone a thick as you, that I'm afraid I will have to explain. It's a good idea to read the other threads in a forum before starting a new one. We realize that there are people who are too dumb to figure this out for themselves. That why there is a sticky thread which gives this same advice. It's been there for months and months, probably going on a year now. It was created because the forum became swamped with similar threads started by douchebags such as you.

As I've repeatedly said: Big on invectives, short on substance. Greipel hasn't spilled the beans and given his version before, and a reference to his statements as of yesterday was too much for you to handle in a thread of its own I suppose. Got it. Won't do it again.
I really, really understand you. Ill-tempered, righteous and unemployed. Not nice.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Yup, it's projection. Be sure to ask the bag ladies for advice when you are on skid row. I bet they know where all the best food dumpsters are.

Right, keep the ad hominem attacks coming! Ill-founded and ever so slightly surreal, indicative of a mind with a lot of grudges and a feeble grasp of real life! Way to go!:p

hektoren said:
Right, keep the ad hominem attacks coming! Ill-founded and ever so slightly surreal, indicative of a mind with a lot of grudges and a feeble grasp of real life! Way to go!:p

You started it, baby, so don't act surprised when people respond. Perhaps you should be pounding the pavement looking for a job instead of unleashing your frustrations with life on a forum.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hektoren, you are beating your head against a brick wall here.

What's the deal with the constant accusations of joblessness in this place, anyway?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
I hope when greipel moves to another team that he will absolutely own Cavendish at the tour. Cav = an arrogant ***. Don't get how greipels comments are sour grapes?

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
1997 TdF - Yellow: Ullrich, Green: Zabel.

Anyway, as hard as this is to predict, I can't see them winning the Tour in the next 5 years (especially not with a UK rider)

in 1997 during the organized doping within the Telekom Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts