• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Greipel's sour grapes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Greipel recently said that "Surely next year, if Cavendish does not leave for another team, I will"
So much for the close personal talks their manager would instigate.
Lots of hormones being bandied about, evidently.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
hektoren said:
Don't know if this has been posted yet, but Greipel recently said that "Surely next year, if Cavendish does not leave for another team, I will"
So much for the close personal talks their manager would instigate.
Lots of hormones being bandied about, evidently.

He stated a fact. The two of them have become two fish too big to coexist in the same pond. One of them will have to leave.
How is it, in any way, shape or form, sour grapes?

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Kirchen has already said that it's a done deal that Cavendish will go to Sky next year - be interesting to see who bests who as Greipel seems to be the more versatile sprinter

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:
Kirchen has already said that it's a done deal that Cavendish will go to Sky next year - be interesting to see who bests who as Greipel seems to be the more versatile sprinter

How do you figure this one?

Does Greipel have some finishes where he made it over some hills that Cav wouldn't have been able to?

I never thought of Greipel as a sprinter who can climb like Hushovd, Friere or Zabel. Is he really significantly better then Cav in that regard?

***edit*** I'm talking about the "versatile sprinter" part, not the Sky rumor. That part makes sense to me.

Jul 26, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:

wow, thats pretty big news, when did kim say that , and just wondering how would he know, do you think it was mere speculation on his part

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Considering that this whole subject has been discussed in intricate detail in the "Cavendouche Angry" thread, it is pretty close.

Considering that this whole subject has been discussed in intricate detail among the know-it-alls, dividing their time between scratching their ball$ and collecting unemployment benefits, I'd guess you're right. Nothing like an opinionated keyboard-whacker with multiple axes to grind and ample time to pursue his favorite pastime. Hearing it from the horse's mouth is quite a different proposition though, don't you think?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
bianchigirl said:

How does Kirchen know this? They have the same agent?

What would that mean for Sky's aim to win the Tour in 5 years?

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
this cav bashing is quite funny. if you actually read whole interviews and understand the sort of person he is, you realise there is a lot more to him than meets the eye, the fact is, in the uk, him and wiggo have turned the sport from one where the average sports person thought all cycling was about drugs, to one where its given a lot of coverage in papers and bbc (forget sky for 2 minutes). he has achieved a massive amount at such a young age, and has acheived more than griepel so far. cav on tour form (08,09) would beat griepel 4 times out of 5 i reckon

(yes, i might be biased)

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
happychappy said:
So how many tour stages has lil 'Greipel' won? :)

So, you make a wild claim that Greipel is whining, completely unsupported by any claim in reality. When challenged, you ignore the challenges and change the subject completely.

That's just plain bad trolling :p

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
The only reason this is being discussed is because 'Greipel' is attempting to weasel his way into the top spot at Columbia with his comments on Cav's form and the resulting and intended bickering - like I said 'Greipel' hasn't got the legs to talk for him so he has to run his mouth.

How many tour stage wins does 'Greipel' have, I forget :confused:

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS