• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 365 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Male
European
Not under 30
Currently employed as a pro cyclist

On a World Team
Has raced this year

Has an E in their full name AND the commonly used form of their name
He was born in a different country from the one he races for
He has only raced under one nationality
He races under a team registered under a different nationality to his own

He is not Chris Froome

Been World Champion in MTB? (nevermind, my mind decided to put a random "not" in the answer to the Road World Champion question above…)
Born in country that still exists? (Like, technically Stybar was born in Czechoslovakia, but since the countries split when he was around five, he's only ever represented Czechia.)

Hahahaha. I thought, "I bet people will get sidetracked if I choose Peter Sagan, because nobody would ever expect that from me!"

It is indeed (please read this next bit with the voice of a boxing announcer in your mind) cycling's #1 reigning, undisputed, and still undefeated heavyweight Backpfeifengesicht, "The Atomic Jock" Peter Sagan!

Ceased competing before 1/1/2000? No
Retired? Yes
Alive? Yes
Rode for more than four teams as an adult? No
Ever been a true champion? No

Male? Yes
Active? No
Rides under the flag of his/her birth? Yes (well, he did, when he was active, which, as indicated above, he isn't.)

Final team of his own nationality? Yes
Top ten in any of the races BlueRoads mentions? Yes
European? Yes

Ceased competing before 1/1/2000? No
Retired? Yes
Alive? Yes
Rode for more than four teams as an adult? No
Ever been a true champion? No
Male? Yes
Active? No
Rides under the flag of his/her birth? Yes