• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 491 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Maybe it's just me then, but if I were asked to name a Swiss female rider, she would always be my first choice.

But If I were ever asked to name my favourite Swiss female biathlete (it has yet to happen), I would probably answer with a different Gasparin sister each time. So I'm definitely not in a position to judge.

I'd assume RHD simply enjoys the chase more than the catch and simply wants somebody else to take it, so I'll say it and bring it to a halt. It's Jolanda Neff.

I actually think you're doing Lena Häcki a disservice. She's a very strong athlete, good pace, unreliable shooting but always for some reason shoots really well at Östersund, one of the more difficult ranges on the circuit. Go figure. Those relay podiums don't happen without Lena. In 2-3 years' time, everybody's favourite Swiss female biathlete is gonna be Amy Baserga, mark my words.

I'd assume RHD simply enjoys the chase more than the catch and simply wants somebody else to take it, so I'll say it and bring it to a halt. It's Jolanda Neff.

I actually think you're doing Lena Häcki a disservice. She's a very strong athlete, good pace, unreliable shooting but always for some reason shoots really well at Östersund, one of the more difficult ranges on the circuit. Go figure. Those relay podiums don't happen without Lena. In 2-3 years' time, everybody's favourite Swiss female biathlete is gonna be Amy Baserga, mark my words.

In the end I decided against putting "or Lena Häcki" in there, because the joke worked better without her. But she has been the best of them the last couple of seasons.

I'm looking to forward to enjoying Amy Baserga. She's got a great name, although she's no Ukaleq Slettemark.

Last edited:
And it is Jolanda Neff. I originally picked Ferrand Prevot, but using my newly found searching skills, I saw that she had been used before, so Neff got the chance instead. Due to her anouncing her retirement today, I should have picked Langvad instead.

So to make things right, here's a pic of the three of them in action:

AP-1UZT6S7KN2111_news.jpg

Oh, I do enjoy the catch. But, again; when your knowledge about something is comparable to the descending skills of Ilnur Zakarin, you really don't have much to work with.

Double-letters in name?
Riding for above-mentioned team with the 'interesting' sponsor right now?

Last edited: