• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 959 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Did he ever win a GT stage? Yes
And/or finished in the top 10 in a GT? No

From a country with a GT? No
And/or a monument? No
Male? Yes
Retired before Rinero? No (assuming you meant "retired before Rinero did?")
Active? No
European? Yes
Able to successfully milk a cow? I... really don't know. Why do you keep asking me those weird questions?

Danish? Yes
Won more than one GT stage? No
Won stages in more than one of the three GTs? Obviously no, since he only has one GT stage win...

And/or a monument? No
Male? Yes
Active? No
European? Yes
Able to successfully milk a cow? I... really don't know. Why do you keep asking me those weird questions?

For the sake of completeness...

Amy Jones? No
Bernhard Eisel? No
Ever done a form of cycling where riding in circles/ellipses would be the most practical approach, though not strictly speaking required? No
Male? Yes
Active? No
Alive? Yes
Active at some point during Valverde's pro career? Yes
Active at some point during Indurain's pro career? Yes
Ever teammates with Valverde? No
Ever teammates with Indurain? No
European? Yes
Spanish? No
Italian? No
Active as a pro before 1989? No
Has he won a monument? No
And/or a GT? No
And/or a GT stage? No
Did he ride for any of the current WT teams during his career (under whatever names and statuses they might have had at the time)? Yes
Did he ever ride a GT? Yes
Ever teammates with any riders who are currently on the World Tour? Yes
Rode on a team that is a WT team now, but obviously wasn't when Indurain was active, which already existed when Indurain was active? No
Does the team in question still have at least part of the name it had when he last rode for them? Yes
Was it his last team? No
Is there in fact only one team the above applies to? Yes (only one team that he rode for is a current WT; not that he only had one last team)
Was he ever national RR champion? No
And/or in the ITT? No
Was his home country ever under Communist rule? No
Was he active as a pro when Indurain first won a GT? No
Was he active as a pro when Alejandro Valverde won a GT? No
Benelux? No
France? Yes
Nordic country? No
Did he ever ride for Agritubel? Yes
And/or Jean Delatour? Yes*
Does he share his surname with a current WT rider? No
Did he ever win the polka dot jersey in the Tour? Yes
Was the team he rode for that's currently a WT team a French team? Yes
Did he ever have a Danish teammate, whose name implies tallness? No

Did you see my edit? No
Otherwise, Samu has answered well on my behalf, while avoiding taking the answer herself.

Stage win in Giro? No
Team Time Trial wins in GTs? No

Danish? Yes
Won stages in more than one of the three GTs? Obviously no, since he only has one GT stage win...
And/or a monument? No
Male? Yes
Active? No
European? Yes

Did he lose out on another potential GT stage win, because he clipped out of his pedal? I don't know... (Look, I don't remember those kinds of weird details. I remember other kinds of weird details!)

Stage win in Giro? No
Danish? Yes
And/or a monument? No
Male? Yes
Active? No
European? Yes

(BTW, Armchair cyclist. In case you were wondering; the Danish guy whose name implies tallness is Frank Høj, who rode on both FDJ and Cofidis during his career. Though, not at the same time.)

Multiple World Championship RR medalist? Yes

Did he lose out on another potential GT stage win, because he clipped out of his pedal? I don't know... (Look, I don't remember those kinds of weird details. I remember other kinds of weird details!)
Stage win in Giro? No
Danish? Yes
And/or a monument? No
Male? Yes
Active? No
European? Yes

Wait a minute, you think I'm a woman? :p
I've long since lost track of who is who around here. Is it worse to assume female rather than male if uncertain?

Did he lose out on another potential GT stage win, because he clipped out of his pedal? No, cause I was thinking of Jakob Piil

Matti Breschel?
***: I couldn't remember Breschel missing out on a stage because of unclipping, but thought that you knew and were just avoiding saying who it was, so I did the same. Piil retired before Rinero.

I've long since lost track of who is who around here. Is it worse to assume female rather than male if uncertain?

I was only kidding, cause I don't really care what people assume on an online forum. And I've definitely been called worse in my life.

***: I couldn't remember Breschel missing out on a stage because of unclipping, but thought that you knew and were just avoiding saying who it was, so I did the same. Piil retired before Rinero.

I sometimes totally overlook the facts I've been giving, even if it were answers to my own questions.

On team sponsored by coffee? Yes

Male? No
Active? Yes
This cow-milking person you recently learned about? Yes
On WWT? Yes
European? Yes
Ever rode for Movistar? No
Coz she's Spanish? No (I was simply referring to the picture)
Is the WWT team she's on a European team? No

TRENDING THREADS