• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 325 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
So we need to re-ask some of those nationality questions:

Is the country whose flag he rides under in Europe?
Is the country whose flag he rides under one of the 6 EEC founders?
Is the country whose flag he rides under in the Balkans?
Is the country whose flag he rides under host to a GT?
Is the country whose flag he rides under host to a Monument?
Is the flag he rides under composed of exactly 3 colours?

So the nationality criteria that I was applying haven't changed, hmmmm.

Countries that fit those 6 criteria:
Armenia, Belarus, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Norway, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, UK

Men aged over 30 and with names beginning n-z riding under one of those nationalities in at least one of the UCI Asian races this year, who ride below ProTeam level:
Jack Rees (never ProConti)
Evaldas Šiškevičius (rode in Europe this year)
Serghei Țvetcov (>5 pro wins)
Artem Ovechkin
(>5 pro wins)
I'm out of options, even without calculating vowel/consonant ratios.

Last edited:
So the nationality criteria that I was applying haven't changed, hmmmm.

Countries that fit those 6 criteria:
Armenia, Belarus, Czechia, Estonia, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Norway, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, UK

Men aged over 30 and with names beginning n-z riding under one of those nationalities in at least one of the UCI Asian races this year, who ride below ProTeam level:
Jack Rees (never ProConti)
Evaldas Šiškevičius (rode in Europe this year)
Serghei Țvetcov (>5 pro wins)
Artem Ovechkin
(>5 pro wins)
I'm out of options, even without calculating vowel/consonant ratios.
Serghei Țvetcov only has 3 wins at the .1 or higher level - a stage of the Colorado Pro Cycling Classic, and a stage and the GC of the Tour of Korea. All his other wins are either .2 races (i.e. not fully pro) like the Joe Martin Stage Race, the Turul României or the Tour of Szeklerland, or national championships, and the national championships of both Moldova and Romania are one pro/am race, not separate classifications or separate races for professionals and amateurs. That was why I answered that question specifying the .1 or higher, because at that point volunteering "not counting national championships" would have given away that he was a) a national champion, and b) a national champion in a country where the championships were not divided pro/am. Ovechkin, by contrast, has at least 5 wins that are in races with higher status, at least with the UCI...

It's Serghei Țvetcov.

OK: I went by the wins count on his PCS page, assuming those to all be countable, but they included the national championships.

The Balkans is not very precisely defined as an area: many definitions would have included Romania as part of the Balkans, but I didn't so can't complain about it.

So I guess the ball is still in LS's court to answer RHD's initial questions...

TRENDING THREADS