• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Guess Who - Game

Page 430 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I thought it would be Johny, given we've worked our way through the whole Schleck family, but I didn't think he was still active that late, unless maybe he kept doing the nationals or something.

That's what I thought, and Johnny Schleck apparently having finished in 1974 is why I was confident about Laurent Didier's dad. Where was he competing after 1/1/80, Sir Fly?

Cyclist? Yes
Female? No
From the Americas? No

Should I use the conjunction "or" instead of "and" if I want the negation to appertain the whole statement instead only an immediate part of it?
I have not been to the moon and ate dinner last night: an odd construction, but it means that I am a non astronaut with normal eating habits.
I have not been to the moon or eaten last night's dinner: an equally odd construction, but portrays me as a non-astronaut who is unappreciative of his wife's most recent culinary efforts. Moral: not everything needs to go in one sentence.

Cyclist? Yes
Female? No
From the Americas? No

European? Yes
Active? No

What if said imaginary non-astronaut's equally imaginary wife is just a really bad cook? But yeah, the "summing everything up in one sentence" can get confusing at time, hence my "say what" before when it - before an edit - sort of looked like we were looking for a Luxembourg Champion who is not the first to be related to other people to have achieved something...

Active after 1/1 2000?

Cyclist? Yes
Female? No
From the Americas? No
European? Yes
Active? No
Born before 1/1 1960? No
Active after 1/1 2000? No
From country with GT? No
GT top 10? Yes
From country with Monument? No

Steven Rooks? Normally I am rather irritated by your guesses when there is not nearly enough info to have narrowed it down sufficiently for a plausible guess, but this time you have it right. There must have been a lot of European (but not French, Italian, Belgian or Italian) GC riders of that era still in the running?

Male?
Active?
Marcus Eibegger?

Male? Yes
Active? No
Marcus Eibegger? No
Asian? No
European? Yes
Active after 1/1 2000? No
Connected - in any way - to Markus Eibegger? In a way...
Coz... we are looking for a cyclists, right? Right
From country with shoreline? Yes

From country with WT race? Yes

TRENDING THREADS