• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

guy who played cliff huxtable on tv

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
the delgados said:
Apparently this is a no-go zone for discussing the on-going problem of sexual assault and the affect is has on people.
Thread closed!
(I just tried playing the role of moderator, but it doesn't suit me. Closing threads such as these just doesn't feel right. Please carry on.)

I can only suggest that people provide some context and definitions for whatever terms they use. You said sexual assault, Canadian.
Proposal to put 'rape' back in criminal code abandoned
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...ck-in-criminal-code-abandoned/article1212724/

It's not working.
http://ywcacanada.ca/data/research_docs/00000308.pdf

How does the oxymoron "non-violent rape" work out in the real world, for example?
The R-Word (Trigger Warning: Sexual Assault)
http://trentarthur.ca/the-r-word-trigger-warning-sexual-assault/
I discovered the hard way that Canadian society, and especially our legal system, is particularly brutal when it comes to “non- violent” rape cases. I was date-raped by a boyfriend when I was eighteen. After I said “no,” and after he pushed me so hard that I fell, I decided not to fight back.

Actually, let’s back that up a bit. “Deciding” is not really the correct word here. When someone you think you can trust suddenly starts acting in a violent manner, your instinct is shock and fear. I was too numb to decide whether or not to fight back. Instead, there was a sinking feeling in my stomach that I no longer knew what this man was capable of. I did continue to ask for him to stop, but by that point my mind was far away and as out of my body as it could possibly get.

When you’ve experienced any sort of trauma, you are not able to keep functioning as a rational human being. You enter a state of shock in which you feel numb and cannot think straight. I didn’t even realize I had been raped until the next day. It’s like my mind had put up a wall protecting me from the truth.

When the truth hit twenty-four hours later, I tried to do the right things. I went to the hospital, but there were no signs of violence: no cuts or bruises or anything that could be considered “rape evidence.” A week later, I went to the police. They said I had no case. Then I went to a judge. She told me the same thing. My word against his was not sufficient evidence.

So if you want to use these sorts of terms it will be clear as mud (despite a pinpoint liberal/juridical discourse), at least where I'm from:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Rape

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Good that it´s re-opened. I just want to clarify that Merckxindex (in his last post in the original thread) was right what he said about my thoughts. He used common sense and thus came to the right conclusions. Something those dangerous-to-society femi-nazis are no more capable of.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Good that it´s re-opened. I just want to clarify that Merckxindex (in his last post in the original thread) was right what he said about my thoughts. He used common sense and thus came to the right conclusions. Something those dangerous-to-society femi-nazis are no more capable of.

The way Merckxindex outlined things in his last post was more or less how I was understanding what was being said within the context and limited terms it was being presented in. I was thinking about the term "non-violent rape" more along the lines of the femi-nazis ( as you call them - inflammatory as it is) when I was objecting:
Non-Violent Sexual Assaults?
http://www.gender-focus.com/2010/09/02/non-violent-sexual-assaults/

I think I understand what they were trying to say now (in the other thread), but I still disagree, and it's not working, it's having the opposite effect in fact.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
RetroActive said:
The way Merckxindex outlined things in his last post was more or less how I was understanding what was being said within the context and limited terms it was being presented. I was thinking about the term "non-violent rape" more along the lines of the femi-nazis ( as you call them - inflammatory as it is) when I was objecting:
Non-Violent Sexual Assaults?
http://www.gender-focus.com/2010/09/02/non-violent-sexual-assaults/

I think I understand what they were trying to say now, but I still disagree, and it's not working.

OFC it´s not working. By the definition of non-violent rape, a guy I know was raped serveral times during a single day: He was blowjobed in the morning (didn´t gave his consent, because he had enough of her), and later she touched him on his private parts to get engaged into more serious sexual actions he didn´t feel like (IOW; tried to prevent further actions of intimacy). He later left her anyway, met a new woman and was non-violently raped again: The new woman wanted sex many times during the day. He just couldn´t have the stamina and refused. She didn´t care and got on anyways.

Did he report? Hell no... I guess the non-reported non-violent-rapes to men are not the alleged 94% the "studies" you linked showed for women, but close to 99.9% for men...

Guys from Canada and Sweden: Stay away from women completely. You are in permanent danger of being reported as rapist with all the ugly consequences.

Not feeling right and doing things anyways are far apart from true crimes (at least in the older times, pre political correct feminazinized gendermainstreamed western societies).

Where will that all lead to? Men must ask their women/girlfriends/lovers/one-night-stands/hookers to sign a paper pre every sexual contact, that they really really really 1.000% sure want to have any kind of intimacy within the next few minutes-to-hours? Yep that´s where it´s going to. Sick!

P.S.: Sagan non violently raped (per candian definition, as I understand it) that podium girl by groping her. Oh my, what the heck is going on...

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
OFC it´s not working. By the definition of non-violent rape, a guy I know was raped serveral times during a single day: He was blowjobed in the morning (didn´t gave his consent, because he had enough of her), and later she touched him on his private parts to get engaged into more serious sexual actions he didn´t feel like (IOW; tried to prevent further actions of intimacy). He later left her anyway, met a new woman and was non-violently raped again: The new woman wanted sex many times during the day. He just couldn´t have the stamina and refused. She didn´t care and got on anyways.

Did he report? Hell no... I guess the non-reported non-violent-rapes to men are not the alleged 94% the "studies" you linked showed for women, but close to 99.9% for men...

Guys from Canada and Sweden: Stay away from women completely. You are in permanent danger of being reported as rapist with all the ugly consequences.

Not feeling right and doing things anyways are far apart from true crimes (at least in the older times, pre political correct feminazinized gendermainstreamed western societies).

Where will that a lead into? Men must ask their women/girlfriends/lovers/one-night-stands/hookers to sign a paper pre every sexual contact, that they really want to have an intimacy within the next few minutes-to-hours? Yep that´s where it´s going to. Sick!

P.S.: Sagan non violently raped (per candian definition, as I understand it) that podium girl by groping her. Oh my, what the heck is going on...

lol, leave it to you to turn things 180 degrees and upside down. Hardly irrelevant but I still can't help laughing.

Yes, of course it gets hyperbolic all over the map. The first example I provided was actually rape (imo) the second asks the question: what is violence? ...and by extension force, coercion? Now we're getting into Aphro. territory and it can start becoming pretty academic and theoretical pretty quick. Interesting mind games, no doubt, that rarely translate into the real world.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
How odd that Foxxy would be taking a position that runs contrary to logic, common sense, and almost everyone else on the forum. Anyway good one patrick.........in before the close. :)

What was so good about it? He started a thread and provided no real content. The same way the last one was started actually.

Anyway, I'm out. Good luck.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
How odd that Foxxy would be taking a position that runs contrary to logic, common sense, and almost everyone else on the forum. Anyway good one patrick.........in before the close. :)

Attack the post, not the poster. I know you hate me. But still; follow the rules. And if you have nothing to contribute just shut up.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

So you didn´t realize he basically agreed of what I said. He had his laugh, because I showed in sarcasm of how absurd this whole non violent nonsense really looks if applied with same rights for men and women. Unluckily it´s reality applied vs men at least in Canada and Sweden.
Ignorants like this femi-nazis only like to have it their way. That´s the danger. That´s why I call them what they are: Femi-Nazis (BTW, the original quote came from Burt Grossman when he hit out against the complete sick people of ACLU in the late 80s).

LaFlorecita said:
+1 (Part II)

That you like personal attacks is clear since at least two days ago. So no surprise you applauded this post full of drivel with zero content for the matter or the linked post, but personal attacks only. And that you ignore my warning to not smut my name anymore is also no surprise to me. So let´s have fair game (see my next post coming in a minute).

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
So you didn´t realize he basically agreed of what I said. He had his laugh, because I showed in sarcasm of how absurd this whole non violent nonsense really looks if applied with same rights for men and women. Unluckily it´s reality applied vs men at least in Canada and Sweden.
Ignorants like this femi-nazis only like to have it their way. That´s the danger. That´s why I call them what they are: Femi-Nazis (BTW, the original quote came from Burt Grossman when he hit out against the complete sick people of ACLU in the late 80s).

I thought that post perfectly described my confusion.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita:

You are a intolerant ignorant ***** that hits out and makes fun of/against others if not agreeing with you. You are a low lifer. People with arguments would have come up with at least some content in this and the other thread.

I guess you are an un-loved old woman who is bitter because no men talks to you anymore... That´s why you idolize a doper who don´t give a **** about you. I am deeply sorry for you!

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
LaFlorecita:

You are a intolerant ignorant ***** that hits out and makes fun of/against others if not agreeing with you. You are a low lifer. People with arguments would have come up with at least some content in this and the other thread.

I guess you are an un-loved old women who is bitter because no men talks to her anymore... That´s why you idolize a doper who don´t give a **** about you. I am deeply sorry for you!

K.

The feeling is mutual :cool:

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Guys - Foxxy and Flo - I have no axe to grind here, and no iron in this fire. Please don't give 'them' an excuse for closing this topic. This is a serious subject that should be approached and discussed in a serious way.

Patrick, high five.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Guys - Foxxy and Flo - I have no axe to grind here, and no iron in this fire. Please don't give 'them' an excuse for closing this topic. This is a serious subject that should be approached and discussed in a serious way.

Patrick, high five.

As you may see: It´s as always; I post some controversial hard truth (I am only the messenger since my first post in the original thread). Then the intolerants and ignorants don´t like it because they believe the lies that are told to them. If you are not with them, you are against them. Simpletons view of life a la GWB.

Then Hugh Januss comes out of his hole who attacked me countless times in the Horner threads too. Then this Contador fanwoman applauds his tactics.

You see: As usual I didn´t start the fire. The simpletons like Hugh and LaFurzeria did.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
So much for attacking the post, not the poster.

Fair game. It´s called defence of previous first time offences against me...

Edit: If the mods (who are normally fast with bans and deleting posts) would have listen to me, and have banned Hugh Januss for his countless attacks against me, all the following posts would not have happened...
I am clean. I never ever insulted or attacked a poster if I wasn´t attacked originally, in the 5 1/2 years I am a member here!
Only those low lifers need attacks & personal insults + lies/twisting my posts out of context, because they have no arguments at all. I at least have some, even if they may seem controversial at first sight.

Here's one for Foxxy. Punk dies hard in the brave new world of entertainment/identity politics

Black Flag guitarist Greg Ginn is not to be trusted with his 2 daughters ... which his ex-wife says is obvious to anyone who watches this video of him perving out with a young chick on stage.

Greg's lawyer calls BS ... telling us the concert video is not what it seems, insisting it's harmless. He says Marina has her own emotional issues -- pointing out her online adult entertainment profile. He says what's really behind this is jealousy ... he's in a new relationship.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/20/greg-...dy-battle-creepy-concert-video/#ixzz3KSmLFZad

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
aphronesis said:
Here's one for Foxxy. Punk dies hard in the brave new world of entertainment/identity politics

:confused: (BTW, didn´t watch that link) ... I have nothing to do with abnormal people. That´s the job for ACLU and cohorts.

Anyway: Here is a true non violent stage rape (by Canadian definition) video aired live in German TV this summer: Hope you guys have the endurance to get trou it. Just go somewhere to the end of the concert (from around 1.03.00 on). It got really out of hand by then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHK1gC6_9kQ

I guess some (skip that...) all femi-nazis will have their jaws dropped in anger. The other 50.000 or so had a whole lot of fun of life. I personally don´t like this group, but must admit this show was something to remember.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
:confused: (BTW, didn´t watch that link) ... I have nothing to do with abnormal people. That´s the job for ACLU and cohorts.

Anyway: Here is a true non violent stage rape (by Canadian definition) video aired live in German TV this summer: Hope you guys have the endurance to get trou it. Just go somewhere to the end of the concert (from around 1.03.00 on). It got really out of hand by then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FHK1gC6_9kQ

I guess some (skip that...) all femi-nazis will have their jaws dropped in anger. The other 50.000 or so had a whole lot of fun of life. I personally don´t like this group, but must admit this show was something to remember.

Nah, you're misunderstanding. She was talking about non-violent sexual assault, groping specifically (the lowest of 3 classes in Canada, we don't use the word rape) and trying to make a fine point about violence, and yes she went over the top, but she still had a point.

You misunderstood what I was saying some more. A woman that hasn't been battered, but has been forced to have sex has still been violated and she has experienced violence. We could spend a good long while teasing out the nuances of the words Force, Sex and Violence. I'll pass.

A case could be made that in a statutory rape case, where the minor consented, that it's a non-violent rape. That's another ball of thread though, I'll pass on that too.

Cosby's star is falling, he's being abandoned by his college.

TRENDING THREADS