• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

guy who played cliff huxtable on tv

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Look:
Per canadian definition the lead singer and guitarist (+ one fan too, if you look closely) did all that, what qualifies for non violent rape in Canada
1.) The fan was groping one woman against her will on her tits.
2.) The lead singer forced the women on stage. He asked repeatetley until the first lost her self-esteem, and finally said yes (by going onto the stage). Then others followed.
3.) On stage the lead singer grabbed (= groping) serveral womens behind against their will (all at least half-naked against their will, and the tits fully exposed against their will), and forced at least one deep kiss (= penetration against will). Additionally he called them bitches and what else. He didn´t even care about their names...

Now imagine all this happened without 50.000+ witnesess and millions on TV:

I guarantee every single one of these women woke up the next day in shame, not believing what happened to them. A trauma forever since they´d have not allowed such things if sober. They were drunk, didn´t knew what the heck they are doing.
So, they change their mind the next day, go reporting. They would say they were used in disgusting ways, having to do things they never do.
A clever femi-nazi attorney twisting words on top of all, and there you have it: All three guys having major problems, because it´s their word against those of the women. It´s not far-fetched if you just try to imagine the whole saga without witnesses...

Now don´t get me wrong: I think it was a heck of a show. Just the imagination of those ugly femi-nazis exploding in anger give me a smirk on my face.

They are all grown ups, thus should be able to handle the consequences (even if it´s hard to accept) of their actions instead of blaming others and crying foul-play...

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Look:
Per canadian definition the lead singer and guitarist (+ one fan too, if you look closely) did all that, what qualifies for non violent rape in Canada
2.) The lead singer forced the women on stage. He asked repeatetley until the first lost her self-esteem, and finally said yes (by going onto the stage). Then others followed.
3.) On stage the lead singer grabbed (= groping) serveral womens behind against their will, and forced at least one deep kiss (= penetration against will). Additionally he called them bitches and what else. He didn´t even care about their names...

I guarantee every single one of these women woke up the next day in shame, not believing what happened to them. A trauma forever since they´d have not allowed such things if sober. They were drunk, didn´t knew what the heck they are doing.
So, they change their mind the next day, go reporting. They would say were used in disgusting ways, having to do things they never do.
A clever femi-nazi attorny twisting words on top of all, and there you have it: All three guys having major problems, because it´s their word against those of the women. It´s not far-fetched if you just try to imagine the whole saga without witnesses...

Now don´t get me wrong: I think it was a heck of a show. Just the imagination of those ugly femi-nazis exploding in anger give me a smirk in my face.

Don't worry Foxxy, most of the cases, that don't have blood and gore, are rarely reported, and if they are reported they're hard to prosecute - which is why we have femi-nazis. We have men's groups in Canada too, do you have men's groups in Germany?

p.s. you still haven't understood what I said. We don't use the word rape in Canada, in the legal system anyway.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
RetroActive said:
Don't worry Foxxy, most of the cases, that don't have blood and gore, are rarely reported, and if they are reported they're hard to prosecute - which is why we have femi-nazis.

Well, in Germany "no blood and gore" wrong accusations almost cost three famous men their freedom (those I talked about in the other thread), and endless un-known with smaller (money-)pockets.

RetroActive said:
We have men's groups in Canada too, do you have men's groups in Germany?

I don´t know of any. But certainly there are. It just seems they have no lobby in our ever guilty political correct brainwashed gendermainstreamed spoiled society.

RetroActive said:
p.s. you still haven't understood what I said. We don't use the word rape in Canada.

Oh yes, I got it. But I refuse to accept to put non violent raped women into the same group of truly raped women. They (the truly raped) really suffer. They get all my sorriness and condolences. And then they suffer again if they hear they are mentioned in the same group as those women who wrongly accuse other men of non violent rape in the decadent west.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Look:
3.) On stage the lead singer grabbed (= groping) serveral womens behind against their will (all at least half-naked against their will, and the tits fully exposed against their will), and forced at least one deep kiss (= penetration against will). Additionally he called them bitches and what else. He didn´t even care about their names...

So, they change their mind the next day, go reporting. They would say they were used in disgusting ways, having to do things they never do.
A clever femi-nazi attorney twisting words on top of all, and there you have it: All three guys having major problems, because it´s their word against those of the women. It´s not far-fetched if you just try to imagine the whole saga without witnesses...

Now don´t get me wrong: I think it was a heck of a show. Just the imagination of those ugly femi-nazis exploding in anger give me a smirk on my face.

They are all grown ups, thus should be able to handle the consequences (even if it´s hard to accept) of their actions instead of blaming others and crying foul-play...

Am I missing something? Are you seriously saying these women were not “used in disgusting ways, having to do things they never do.”? And that they “should be able to handle the consequences (even if it´s hard to accept) of their actions instead of blaming others and crying foul-play”? How is it “their actions” that led to this if they were “forced” to do things “against their will”?

From your description, I wouldn’t call it rape, if that’s your entire point. But it sure sounds like sexual harassment to me, which is far more important than quibbling over the definiton of rape. Why wouldn’t a lawyer charge the guys who did this? Frankly, if your description is correct, I don’t see what difference that it makes that it was seen live by millions. Actually, it makes it worse.

If these women had freely acceded to the requests, and put on some kind of strip show or whatever, fine. But everything in your description indicates that, drunk or not, they strongly resisted what was done to them. What more evidence do you need to call this a crime?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Merckx index said:
Am I missing something? Are you seriously saying these women were not “used in disgusting ways, having to do things they never do.”? And that they “should be able to handle the consequences (even if it´s hard to accept) of their actions instead of blaming others and crying foul-play”? How is it “their actions” that led to this if they were “forced” to do things “against their will”?

From your description, I wouldn’t call it rape, if that’s your entire point. But it sure sounds like sexual harassment to me, which is far more important than quibbling over the definiton of rape. Why wouldn’t a lawyer charge the guys who did this? Frankly, if your description is correct, I don’t see what difference that it makes that it was seen live by millions. Actually, it makes it worse.

If these women had freely acceded to the requests, and put on some kind of strip show or whatever, fine. But everything in your description indicates that, drunk or not, they strongly resisted what was done to them. What more evidence do you need to call this a crime?

I guess you would agree all these women would not have gone on stage half naked, deep kissed by strangers, especially after being called bitches by them (the singer at least), let them be touched by strangers on their tits and asses. Right? But you know what? Can´t blame the band & this (at least) one fan. Can´t blame bad childhood, can´t blame the summer heat. It was their mistake to get drunk and lose self control beyond help. If they got a traumata the next day? Their mistake.

But here is the important thing: I bet at least one of those women would have said the next day when sober again, that she was ... (put in a name of your liking; I don´t wanna be accused of using wrong descriptions again, so let me phrase it "Canadian style un-violent rape") if all those things would have happened without witnesses. That´s why I said to "Retro" imagine if... in italic letters. Not because they were ... (Canadian style...") used. No, but because they feel ashamed and need to blame others. Happens everywhere. Only that this blame shifting "Canadian style" would have destroyed innocent men who, I must admit, took advantage of the situation.

I just wanted to show how absurd the criminilasation of un-violent "Canadian style"... is. This law leaves the door wide open for all kinds of manipulation to the disatvantage of 50% of humans (the wrongly accused men).

I guess you watch from 1.03.00 and judge yourself.

P.S.: I should also mention that from the beginning on, the band was heating up the audience by singing and talking about pfucking, vaginas, dicks, tits, blowjobs, and what else trou-out. Literally. But also keep in mind: The band is known for making fun of 80s "hair metal". It´s all satire, only that many don´t got it, as it is seen in the comments below the concert footage.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Merckx index said:

If you don't define Rape, even loosely (WHICH WE DON"T DO IN CANADA FOXXY) then how do you know the difference? Apparently Foxxy makes no distinctions - no difference between blood and gore and groping, it's all rape - or nothing. Rape is a strong word to me, groping it isn't.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Fair game. It´s called defence of previous first time offences against me...

Edit: If the mods (who are normally fast with bans and deleting posts) would have listen to me, and have banned Hugh Januss for his countless attacks against me, all the following posts would not have happened...
I am clean. I never ever insulted or attacked a poster if I wasn´t attacked originally, in the 5 1/2 years I am a member here!
Only those low lifers need attacks & personal insults + lies/twisting my posts out of context, because they have no arguments at all. I at least have some, even if they may seem controversial at first sight.

I don't see it as a personal attack when I point out that your post is stupid and makes no sense, that just means I think your post is stupid and makes no sense. A personal attack looks more like this:
LaFlorecita:

You are a intolerant ignorant ***** that hits out and makes fun of/against others if not agreeing with you. You are a low lifer. People with arguments would have come up with at least some content in this and the other thread.

I guess you are an un-loved old woman who is bitter because no men talks to you anymore... That´s why you idolize a doper who don´t give a **** about you. I am deeply sorry for you!
Perhaps if you put on your thinking cap and really really concentrate you can divine the difference between "your statement makes no sense" and ...well whatever problems you have with women that caused you to come up with "feminazi" and whatever that attack on La Flo was all in the same thread. Possibly you need help, I don't know I'm not a doctor but I have watched the TV show "Anger Management" before so I can read the signs.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
RetroActive said:
If you don't define Rape, even loosely (WHICH WE DON"T DO IN CANADA FOXXY) then how do you know the difference? Apparently Foxxy makes no distinctions - no difference between blood and gore and groping, it's all rape - or nothing. Rape is a strong word to me, groping it isn't.

Says someone who has never had someone forcefully grab and rub your genitals...the powerlessness, fear, and humiliation women feel over things like that is clearly beyond your comprehension, so just move along to something you're more competent to discuss...like insane theories on the end of the world.

I have seen the consequences of a groping incident this year in someone in my immediate family. Most of the time, you just spout off incoherent diatribes, and strut around like you're in some intellectual universe nobody else understands, and it's mostly harmless because nobody pays you any attention. On this subject however, you have shown just how stupid you are. Keep it up dude, shine that light of stupidity for all the world to see.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I don't see it as a personal attack when I point out that your post is stupid and makes no sense, that just means I think your post is stupid and makes no sense. A personal attack looks more like this:
Perhaps if you put on your thinking cap and really really concentrate you can divine the difference between "your statement makes no sense" and ...well whatever problems you have with women that caused you to come up with "feminazi" and whatever that attack on La Flo was all in the same thread. Possibly you need help, I don't know I'm not a doctor but I have watched the TV show "Anger Management" before so I can read the signs.

stop trying to derail the thread with coherent and cogent statements.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:
I don't see it as a personal attack when I point out that your post is stupid and makes no sense, that just means I think your post is stupid and makes no sense.

Again there is no content to the discussion but personal attacks against me. Instead of pointing out what in your opinion is "stupid and makes no sense", you just say it for the sake of attacking me (same as in the Horner threads).
And that Mr Hugh Januss is a personal attack in my opinion.
So since you don´t get, the only conclusion can be: You are a stubborn simpleton. A complete moron. Sorry, but there is no other words for it, in my opinion. You may need to see a doctor, but certainly need to go back to school (if you ever was, which I highly doubt). You see: My post has zero content to the matter of the thread, as countless of yours don´t have when you quote me.
@ Mods: I just wrote it to attack Mr Hugh Januss, since his only intention is the same towards me. I didn´t start the fire. If you wanna ban me, do it. But keep in mind who started the fire*. Thanks in advance.

You get it now Hugh Januss? That was rhetorical. OFC you didn´t.
Bright minds like Merckxindex & Retro for example get it. They discuss the matter by refuting or agreeing.

(* In german law we call it "implicit consent". If one starts to attack with personal insults, personal attacks, provocative talking, it´s fair game for the attacked to get down to the same low level. IOW, defensive counter attacks (inclusive counter personal attacks & insults) are explicit allowed. You guys didn´t integrate that principle when you banned me for the only time in 5 1/2 years, when I was defending myself by countering personal attacks with the same low tactics. Keep it in mind this time. Once more, thanks in advance.)

Hugh Januss said:
Perhaps if you put on your thinking cap and really really concentrate you can divine the difference between "your statement makes no sense" and ...well whatever problems you have with women

And more personal attacks from you; implying I would have problems with women, and making fun of me with "thinking cap...".

Hugh Januss said:
that caused you to come up with "feminazi"

You know it, since I said it: This word creation came from Burt Grossman. I just like it and thus use it now and then when it´s appropriate. Heck even a judge called ACLU "nazis" (see wikipedia)...

Hugh Januss said:
and whatever that attack on La Flo was all in the same thread.

Out of context it looks like an attack. Yet it was written in defence of previous attacks by her. Again your only intention is to attack me. Nothing else.

Hugh Januss said:
I don't know I'm not a doctor but I have watched the TV show "Anger Management" before so I can read the signs.

Wow. The stunner of the day. You watch TV and then think you can "see things" of whatever you think to see (again only for the purpose of personally attacking me).

OTOH, it´s no surprise: It seems all your "education" came from watching TV, seems you never saw a school from inside, leave alone college.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Says someone who has never had someone forcefully grab and rub your genitals...the powerlessness, fear, and humiliation women feel over things like that is clearly beyond your comprehension, so just move along to something you're more competent to discuss...like insane theories on the end of the world.

I have seen the consequences of a groping incident this year in someone in my immediate family.

Aside from the fact that you're making ridiculous, ignorant assumptions about me, I guess you weren't really following the discussion at all.

Sounds like your family member experienced violence though.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
In the wider sense of the topic... a must see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

Some of the best comments below this video, in my opinion:

"Anyone who donated is a moron. Simple as that."

And: "Since when is "How you doing today?" ,"How are you this morning?" , "Have a nice evening." , " Hello, goodmorning. God bless you. Have a good day alright? " ," Whats up miss?", and " Have a nice evening darling." harassment? This is total bull****. And that's coming from a woman herself"

And:
"I love the look of absolute disdain on her face, I can just imagine her thought process, "Ugh, all these mysoginistic men offering me compliments and well wishes. Sexist pigs noticing my beautiful hair, clear skin, and shapely figure, clearly I am the most oppressed and discriminated person in the world!"
Meanwhile, Meghna, a textile worker in Bangladesh, is finishing up her sixteen hour shift at the shirt factory; she received approximately 1.25 US dollars in return for her labor, and will likely go without supper tonight so that her four children can eat."

---------------

Oh you brutally sick femi-nazis. Why don´t you hide in the Sahara or Gobi? Nobody talks to you. And you have great free space for all your gender-mainstream experiments. But how you make it to the next generation of femi-nazis? Sex with aliens? Or "only" sperm-banks from men you hate so much? You are such hypocrities...

--------------

Edit: All the, attention: sarcasm alert, good this video did? Showing black men in a very bad way (the one who walked next to her for minutes). Is that what she wanted? If anything, this video could be seen as rascist. Even I would agree on that.

Easy for you to say that. I bet you have never been harassed on the streets. It's not what they say. It's HOW they say it. When a guy picks me from a group of people, and calls me "darling", I feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. Men may think they are just complimenting the women, but news flash, most women don't like it at all.

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
In the wider sense of the topic... a must see:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1XGPvbWn0A

Some of the best comments below this video, in my opinion:

"Anyone who donated is a moron. Simple as that."

And: "Since when is "How you doing today?" ,"How are you this morning?" , "Have a nice evening." , " Hello, goodmorning. God bless you. Have a good day alright? " ," Whats up miss?", and " Have a nice evening darling." harassment? This is total bull****. And that's coming from a woman herself"

And:
"I love the look of absolute disdain on her face, I can just imagine her thought process, "Ugh, all these mysoginistic men offering me compliments and well wishes. Sexist pigs noticing my beautiful hair, clear skin, and shapely figure, clearly I am the most oppressed and discriminated person in the world!"
Meanwhile, Meghna, a textile worker in Bangladesh, is finishing up her sixteen hour shift at the shirt factory; she received approximately 1.25 US dollars in return for her labor, and will likely go without supper tonight so that her four children can eat."

---------------

Oh you brutally sick femi-nazis. Why don´t you hide in the Sahara or Gobi? Nobody talks to you. And you have great free space for all your gender-mainstream experiments. But how you make it to the next generation of femi-nazis? Sex with aliens? Or "only" sperm-banks from men you hate so much? You are such hypocrities...

Meanwhile women (and others) are raped/sexually assaulted/sexually harrassed everyday and it usually goes unreported.

One day you might have to confront it too. Who knows. If you ever have a woman, crying and shaking, say "I think I was raped last night" to you and you stick around for the fall-out you might think differently. Of course, unless they've been beaten up, nothing usually happens and the woman is left, traumatized, searching for meaning having experienced something she has no frame of reference for and the general culture would rather ignore.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Easy for you to say that. I bet you have never been harassed on the streets. It's not what they say. It's HOW they say it. When a guy picks me from a group of people, and calls me "darling", I feel embarrassed and uncomfortable. Men may think they are just complimenting the women, but news flash, most women don't like it at all.

Don´t mistake yourself with the majority of other women. They like compliments, even if repeated x-times. Firsthand expierience. :)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Amsterhammer said:
Guys - Foxxy and Flo - I have no axe to grind here, and no iron in this fire. Please don't give 'them' an excuse for closing this topic. This is a serious subject that should be approached and discussed in a serious way.

Patrick, high five.

^This^ Everyone please keep debate civil and keep insults out of it. And if someone posts a personal attack/insult to you, attacking and insulting them right back will do you no good.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Don´t mistake yourself with the majority of other women. They like compliments, even if repeated x-times. Firsthand expierience. :)

Some opinions on the matter
http://www.vox.com/2014/10/30/71295...-street-harassment-reactions-to-the-hollaback

http://www.thestylus.net/news/view.php/856550/Street-harassment-is-not-a-harmless-comp

https://usilive.org/street-harassment-is-never-a-compliment/

http://ibzine.idu.edu.pl/?p=794

"Although men think that this is a form of flattery which is sincere and not meant to offend anyone, in most cases it is very uncomfortable and demeaning to women. There is a difference between paying a woman a respectful compliment and catcalling her."

What a ridiculous argument. "Women have it even worse elsewhere, so you can't complain." Really?

A woman casually walking down the streets shouldn't have to endure unsolicited "compliments" coming from total strangers. Sure, one compliment is no big deal by itself - until you realize how often that same woman will have had to endure the exact same thing.
This doesn't even make any sense.

I'm having a hard time understanding the use of the term "femi-nazi" in the context of this conversation. Speaking out against sexual assault has absolutely nothing to do with political ideology. This is about basic human rights.
I'm going to give the benefit of the doubt to those who are using this term and assume they are simply trying to stir the pot.
Pretty much every woman I know has has been a victim of some form of sexual assault at some point in their lives. This is simply unacceptable, and we as a society need to address the issue in a meaningful way.
Politicizing the issue and/or clouding it by introducing the notion of false claims does not help.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
the delgados said:
I'm having a hard time understanding the use of the term "femi-nazi" in the context of this conversation. Speaking out against sexual assault has absolutely nothing to do with political ideology.

You couldn´t be more wrong than that. It´s highly political. Just read both threads completely and try to ignore the sensless discussions about grammar nuances. You´ll find the truth.

the delgados said:
This is about basic human rights.

Exactly. And around 50% of wrong accusations are simply unacceptable for a democracy (even though that wasn´t the way you thought about it when writing your post. I am just holding up a mirror).

the delgados said:
Pretty much every woman I know has has been a victim of some form of sexual assault at some point in their lives. This is simply unacceptable, and we as a society need to address the issue in a meaningful way.

First of all. That´s sad news. And I agree crimes and injustices in any way shall be addressed in our societies.

Further: Do you mean because of the experiences the women you know got trou, it´s ok to get "collateral damage" with around 50% of wrongly accused men getting their lives destroyed? You really mean that? :eek:

the delgados said:
Politicizing the issue and/or clouding it by introducing the notion of false claims does not help.

Oh yes it helps... And it´s highly political. Not for the victims, but for organisations who spot sexual crimes where are none. That´s a hard slap into the face of truly raped and harassed women. Those "femi-Nazi" groups with their powerful influence that twisted clear laws, are to blame for the easy manipulations that are possible nowadays which lead to the unacceptable high number of wrong accusations, where the wrong accusers go scott-free even after their lies are uncovered. Just go back and read the links...
And important side note: This powerful groups with their crude agendas give a **** about the victims. All they care about is power and influence. In that case they are no inch better than men who use shields of any kind to cover their true intentions: Gaining more power.

Finally: Basically every grown up men I know were victims of some form of physical violence in their lives. Would that fact justify a high number of wrong accusations? For me: Clearly not, even though being a victim more than once myself.

And another video of "street harassment". This time not a 10 hour experience, but only three:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75aX9mlipiY

;)

The problem with terms like "femi-nazi" is that they nearly always have an absence of definition from the person using them. Rush Limbaugh, who frequently used the word, is a perfect example. Of course that guy is just a gasbag deeper in the bowls of humanity than anyone on this forum could ever fall to, but I think I made my point.

The issue with the "politics" (which should be defined also in this context I suppose), is that while the act of violence against women isn't political in itself, if you open up any website, newspaper, etc. on this issue, it won't take long before you find someone using the issue as a political wedge for one angle or agenda or another, which is sad I think, but true.

TRENDING THREADS