• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

GwG

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tal Wilkenfeld. (Yeah, I know it's a bass)
37965b41260dd225acbab1ebf712a853.jpg

:D

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

aphronesis said:
The Taurus thing has been kicking around for a long time. I forget all the details that brought it to a head. Page says he only just heard it, but there are what? Three continuous phrases? (Was saving Poison Ivy.)

Emilie Simon, "Now I wanna be your dog"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zcwURfkQUws

I think there's quite a bit of evidence Page stole plenty of stuff without giving proper credit, and the intro to stairways is one of those.

In the end, the set of good music is probably finite so repetition and similarity is inevitable, but with many of those instances, the similarity is between Page's work and work of others he is known to have interacted in some capacity and that's pretty damning.

Thread needs more photos. :D

Nan Wilson could definitely play, without question. Ask any guitar player you know to play the opening to Crazy On You and see what response you get.

Loved the Runaways.

images

Generally agree that Page and LZ borrowed much more heavily than many realize, and they've since lost or settled some lawsuits, most of them by the estates of old blues musicians, and most from their first album, though I don't think Stairway to Heaven is a direct ripoff of Spirit. And I still think Zeppelin was an amazing band with their own sound, and plenty of original songs.