• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hamilton?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Anonymous

KuotaRocket said:
Really? Most of us would like to talk about something other than doping. But, this whole forum has degraded into nothing more than that.

Elevate the conversation. The sport deserves better. Period.

And yes, I do ride. And I run. And I swim. And I read.

You realize you are posting in THE CLINIC, right? I mean, there is a really simple solution to your consternation. Don't read threads in THE CLINIC.

You're welcome.

A

Anonymous

KuotaRocket said:
Do you realize 10 of the 12 active forums are just about doping?
That's why we hate it.
I appreciate the fact that members do not approve of doping in the sport.
My point is that this has become a dominant topic period.
I stayed away from these forums for a long time, only to find when I return, nothing has changed. Well, the sport has changed. And yes, I've taken up triathlon, because I find the spirit of the athletes to be positive. Cycling is getting cleaned up, no it's not perfect, but I'll take it over other sports.

But the attitude of the tifosi, needs to find more in common than doping. We are losing Team Cervelo, a good positive team, due to lack of sponsorship. No one really seems to have more than a few words to say about it.

You have appointed yourself spokesman? If you are their leader, would you please do a symposium on irony? Thanks ahead of time.

Berzin said:
You also self-righteously whine and moan about something that won't effect you unless you are actually paying attention to it.

If you run, bike and swim it's obvious you're not doing enough of it to keep you from posting.

The problem, dear KuotaRocket, lies not in the stars but in between your chair and the computer monitor.

Or it lies perhaps in the empty space between his ears?:cool:

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
roundabout said:

i copied and pasted it from cfms archive

Dead Star

You're right... I didn't think of that.... I wonder how they get around the testing when they are taking so many substances.... ?
and here's a translation from that article by a dane on another forum:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I present to you, Tyler Hamilton's 2003 in doping: Well it started in 2002 actually where he 12 times took EPO, from the 21st of December to the 8th of January (conveniently enough having a break at the 25th and the 31st, even riders have holidays). The quantities vary through the calendar, it's either 1000 or 2000, those in the start of the year were 2000.
At the 14th of January he had his blood tapped for the first time, he then had a 10 day break before starting on a combined treatment of anabolic steroids and EPO, taking anabolic steroids every day from the 24th to the 31st, and taking EPO 3 times during period. From the 2nd of February to the 8th, he took EPO every 3rd day (quantity 2000).
A new period again started off by first tapping blood, then getting he old blood reinserted and then taking both EPO and anabolic steroids, all in the same day. He continued the treatment with EPO and anabolic steroids every day for 12 days, throwing in a blood analysis too.
To prepare for Paris - Nice he begun taking Gonadotropines (A term for hormones that among other things increase your testosterone production), and a little shot of Epocrin (Russian EPO). This treatment stopped two days before the start of P-N; he also had his blood reinserted at that date.
Hamilton won the mountain jersey in the race, but otherwise didn't make that much of a mark. The day after the race he had his blood tapped twice, a shot of growth hormone and some EPO.
The next period saw a treatment of EPO, growth hormone and insulin; he took it every other day up till the start of Criterium International, still taking growth hormone during the race. After the race e continued with growth hormones and insulin, also taking a day of taking and reinserting blood, just three days from the start of Pais Vasco.
The first day of the race was marked off with a shot of growth hormone, and also ended with a shot of growth hormone. He finished second to Iban Mayo, but most were of the perception that he didn’t go 100% in the final rain wet TT, and therefore lost the race there. The next days he continued with the growth hormone and got his first blood doping too. He rode Fleche Wallone, but finished only 14th. This started a period with no doping for 13 days, but with plenty of success on the road as he both won Liege – Bastogne – Liege and Tour de Romandie.
The day after his Tour de Romandie victory was celebrated with the ritual tapping of blood, and then the following days a massive EPO cure; from the 6th of May to the 22nd he took EPO and anabolic steroids almost every day. And then gradually slowing down his intake of EPO, till the 2nd of June where he got his blood tapped and reinserted, he subsequently got some growth hormone the 3rd and the 5th, exactly a month before the Tour.
He rode Dauphine Libere without taking anything, but finished the race with the usual tapping and reinserting of blood. The finish of the race also marked the start of the final preparations for the Tour. Setting off with growth hormone and then gradually taking some Epocrin and Insulin Growth Hormone(IGH). His last intake of IGH was at the 1st of July, a mere 4 days before the start of the Tour. At the 2nd of June he got his blood tapped twice and got 3 reinsertions of blood, he also got one on the 3rd, the same day he got tested by the Tour de France management. His two blood insertions during the Tour were at the 11th, the day before the first Alp stage and at the 17th the day before the first big TT. Hamilton won the 16th stage, the 23rd of July and finished 4th in the race, despite a broken collarbone.

Bjarne Riis has of course denied knowing about this, although Hamilton among other things got two blood insertions during the Tour. A very complicated thing to do, and impossible to do alone, according to a doping expert it would take at least 4-5 people.

If you wanna see for yourself, this is the calendar. E is blood tapping. R is blood insertion. A is analisys. A dot is EPO(quantity 1000), a dot with a circle round it is EPO(quantity 2000). A circle is anabolic steroids. A circle with a dot and an arrow in it is Epocrin. A * is growth hormone. IG is insulin growth hormone. HM is gonadotropines. I-G is insulin. C is control, made by the Tour de France management.

KuotaRocket said:
Do you realize 10 of the 12 active forums are just about doping?
That's why we hate it.
I appreciate the fact that members do not approve of doping in the sport.
My point is that this has become a dominant topic period.
I stayed away from these forums for a long time, only to find when I return, nothing has changed. Well, the sport has changed. And yes, I've taken up triathlon, because I find the spirit of the athletes to be positive. Cycling is getting cleaned up, no it's not perfect, but I'll take it over other sports.

But the attitude of the tifosi, needs to find more in common than doping. We are losing Team Cervelo, a good positive team, due to lack of sponsorship. No one really seems to have more than a few words to say about it.

OK bozo, you're on, lets do the math. Let's define active as posted in today, that currently means within the past 15 hours give or take a few minutes.
Looking around I see 45 threads that meet that criteria, 6 in the Cafe, 22 in Professional Road Racing section, 5 in General Cycling, and 12 here in the Clinic. One of which is this one which you are currently holding hostage with your whining, so it doesn't actually count as a doping thread at the moment. But I'll still give it to you. So pushing it I get 12 out of 45, which is a far cry from your 10 out of 12.
Or maybe you are unaware that there is more to this forum than the Clinic?

Aug 13, 2009
Visit site
KuotaRocket said:
Really? Most of us would like to talk about something other than doping. But, this whole forum has degraded into nothing more than that.

Elevate the conversation. The sport deserves better. Period.

And yes, I do ride. And I run. And I swim. And I read.

Of course, a triathlete. :rolleyes:

When I need to pick out a new Speedo I will make sure I PM you for advice.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
Of course, a triathlete. :rolleyes:

When I need to pick out a new Speedo I will make sure I PM you for advice.

Careful...there's and engorged KuotaRocket near that Speedo. That's what makes 'em so testy.

I vividly recall the publicity Hamilton and his then-wife Haven were getting at the time-they represented the wholesome, all-American couple living in Europe and working hard, by golly, doing it the right way with their dog Tugboat always faithfully at their side.

What a crock they sold us. Not only was he doping in mass quantities, but she was the one arranging the payments. You'd be hard pressed to find two bigger duplicitous slimeballs, but I will say this-I would love to hear his story if Tyler ever mans up and tells the truth.

Because certainly that is a lot of drugs and transfusions, even for a doper. For the life of me I don't understand how he didn't get sick from such a regimen.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Wow thanks for the info on Tyler. Quite impreswsive. How on earth he did not show a pos. I will never know. Man, he and Jesus should have been able to walk on water holding hands to the finish line.
It will be interesting how Tylers health fares in the coming years.

Berzin said:
I vividly recall the publicity Hamilton and his then-wife Haven were getting at the time-they represented the wholesome, all-American couple living in Europe and working hard, by golly, doing it the right way with their dog Tugboat always faithfully at their side.

What a crock they sold us. Not only was he doping in mass quantities, but she was the one arranging the payments. You'd be hard pressed to find two bigger duplicitous slimeballs, but I will say this-I would love to hear his story if Tyler ever mans up and tells the truth.

Hence why she has now moved into Real Estate sales!

buckwheat

BANNED
Sep 24, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Let's cool it with the Haven-Lance insinuations, please. Off-topic and irrelevant.

Susan

Susan,

I think it's relevant because we are talking about the honesty, or lack thereof of the accused here.

Lance brought up and continues to bring up what a great family man he was and is.

Is that honest, or PR? Tyler and Haven floated the PR of their idyllic world. Is that true?

The outcome of these doping procedings will probably hinge on the credibility of those giving evidence?

Floyd's credibility is constantly being attacked by Armstrong. Should I close my eyes to the lack of credibility Armstrong has in EVERY aspect of his life?

Should I "BELIEVE" the fraud Tyler and Haven, have perpetrated on the public, which they tried to bolster with their "All American" lifestyle.

They were the ones selling and hugely profiting on an image, and now that the image has crumbled, we have to avoid discussing the fraudulence of that image?

Too funny!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Since there's serious evidence that Haven was involved in Tyler's doping regime, it seems necessary to talk about her in that context.

What might or might not have happened between her and Lance is just gossip.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
Susan,

I think it's relevant because we are talking about the honesty, or lack thereof of the accused here.

Lance brought up and continues to bring up what a great family man he was and is.

Is that honest, or PR? Tyler and Haven floated the PR of their idyllic world. Is that true?

The outcome of these doping procedings will probably hinge on the credibility of those giving evidence?

Floyd's credibility is constantly being attacked by Armstrong. Should I close my eyes to the lack of credibility Armstrong has in EVERY aspect of his life?

Should I "BELIEVE" the fraud Tyler and Haven, have perpetrated on the public, which they tried to bolster with their "All American" lifestyle.

They were the ones selling and hugely profiting on an image, and now that the image has crumbled, we have to avoid discussing the fraudulence of that image?

Too funny!

HAHA! Busted. :D

I don't recall Tyler and Haven "perpetrating" anything, other than the pathetic display after that dog died.

Do you have specific examples about how they profited from their portayal of the all American couple? Personally I think if adultery was going on then that is more American-like than monogamy. :p

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
thehog said:
So what is the Haven story with Lance? I've actually not heard it. I know he has porked a lot of meat but Ty's wife! Serious?

There's a story, but admins here are doing some (probably well-advised) CYA when it comes to specifics.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
So what is the Haven story with Lance? I've actually not heard it. I know he has porked a lot of meat but Ty's wife! Serious?

Allegedly, but some here use it as a untrustworthy club to hammer LA with.

I think it's funny. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts