• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Haussler the German

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
LANGUAGE ALERT

I put it in google translate, but that was the worst i've seen so far.

It says the uci isn't going to let haussler ride for Australia because he already did the worlds as a junior for ze Germans.

Too bad for Australia, they're gonna be out of good cyclists in a couple of years ;p

imo anybody who is named Heinrich Haussler should ride for Germany, no matter what the passport says.

/might be a duplicate thread, i didn't check. if so, remove.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
... a local Kneipe had become famous for its owner, Heinrich Haussler, a jovial Barmann who served a wonderful Bratwurst and a fine smoked Bockwurst - accompanied with Senf, homemade Sauerkraut and Reibekuchen - entered the ranks of pro cyclists. He admitted that after he took to Hefeweize, he "had witnessed a surprising jump in performance", enough for the Bund to select him for the 2010 Worlds in Australia. Repeating after his pub customers who are already one hundred percent behind him, he said 'Jetzt geht's los!'

JETZT GEHT'S LOS!!!

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bala Verde said:
... a local Kneipe had become famous for its owner, Heinrich Haussler, a jovial Barmann who served a wonderful Bratwurst and a fine smoked Bockwurst - accompanied with Senf, homemade Sauerkraut and Reibekuchen - entered the ranks of pro cyclists. He admitted that after he took to Hefeweize, he "had witnessed a surprising jump in performance", enough for the Bund to select him for the 2010 Worlds in Australia. Repeating after his pub customers who are already one hundred percent behind him, he said 'Jetzt geht's los!'

JETZT GEHT'S LOS!!!

LOL!!

I could imagine the world championships interfering with his preperations for the oktoberfesten.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Hahah at the name joke :)

Shouldn't Christian Vandevelde ride for Belgium than? His name can't get any more Flemish.

Or what about or favourite Brazilian: Heiko Großenstieg. :D

yes, we're going to replace a few others to.

look out for tjallingii riding for zimbabwe next worlds ;p

Jul 27, 2009
Visit site
haha, but what is with that? According to CN he's decided he's going to race for Germany again, but hasn't he just spent the last few years NOT racing with them so he can ride for Aus instead?

I'm confused and I think he could be confused too :D

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
LANGUAGE ALERT

It says the uci isn't going to let haussler ride for Australia because he already did the worlds as a junior for ze Germans.

Too bad for Australia, they're gonna be out of good cyclists in a couple of years ;p

imo anybody who is named Heinrich Haussler should ride for Germany, no matter what the passport says.

Are you serious about Australia?? you clearly ave no idea how much talent is now coming through. Look at the juniour worlds results in Moscow.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
LANGUAGE ALERT

Just as odd as Mat Gilmore riding for Belgium eh? But seriously there are a few youngsters coming along nicely and will fill the gap left by McEwen, Evans and anyone else approaching their "use by" date.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
I think you will regret that comment once have looked properley at Australians coming through. I will give you some young upcoming aussie cyclists coming up the ranks All these guys are at U25:

Cam meyer
Travis meyer
Jack bobridge
Wesley Sulzberger
Luke Durbridge
Michael Hepburn
Chris Sutton
Matt Goss
Zac Dempster
I could keep going on but i won't. I hope u see now that aussie cycling is not weak at all.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
I think you will regret that comment once have looked properley at Australians coming through. I will give you some young upcoming aussie cyclists coming up the ranks All these guys are at U25:

Cam meyer
Travis meyer
Jack bobridge
Wesley Sulzberger
Luke Durbridge
Michael Hepburn
Chris Sutton
Matt Goss
Zac Dempster
I could keep going on but i won't. I hope u see now that aussie cycling is not weak at all.

Hmm

Meyer (or Maier) Meyer and Sulzberger sound suspicously German as well. Does Australia have some sort of a secret 'immigration' act, that favours German cyclists to enjoy the hospitality of Australians? Or is it because the drinking cultures are so similar, that Germans just love to pop by ;)

Ein prosit, ein prosit...

Zum wohl!

Bala Verde said:
Hmm

Meyer (or Maier) Meyer and Sulzberger sound suspicously German as well. Does Australia have some sort of a secret 'immigration' act, that favours German cyclists to enjoy the hospitality of Australians? Or is it because the drinking cultures are so similar, that Germans just love to pop by ;)

Ein prosit, ein prosit...

Zum wohl!
It must be the drinking culture. :D

A

Anonymous

blaxland said:
depends on were you are born..me thinks...(Haussler born Inverell Australia)

i know, but hes been german all this time though.. i think this country swapping is ridiculous personally..

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Haussler has legitimate reasons to be either German or Australian. He wants to represent Australia, was born in Australia, has one Australian parent, and wants to settle back in Australia when he finishes cycling. That is a quite convincing argument for wanting to represent Australia. While there should be some grace period during the transition between representing either country so athletes do not swap from country to country on a whim, I do think Haussler should ride for Australia if he wants to rather than be told by the UCI that he has to ride for Germany because that's the country he represented as a junior.

Jun 26, 2009
Visit site
elapid said:
Haussler has legitimate reasons to be either German or Australian. He wants to represent Australia, was born in Australia, has one Australian parent, and wants to settle back in Australia when he finishes cycling. That is a quite convincing argument for wanting to represent Australia. While there should be some grace period during the transition between representing either country so athletes do not swap from country to country on a whim, I do think Haussler should ride for Australia if he wants to rather than be told by the UCI that he has to ride for Germany because that's the country he represented as a junior.

There may be more to his decision than we are aware of. The German federation may have offered him "incentives" to represent them, something he wouldnt get from Australia. It just seems like a sudden change of heart from what he was saying earlier in the season. This guy is a potential winner of the world championship and it would be just what Germany needs to boost the image of cycling there.

TRENDING THREADS