• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Haussler wants a go at Cavendish?

Ok - Have a look at this...One slightly p!ssed Haussler.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/15072009/58/itw-haussler.html

So one totally unsubstantiated interpretation of this would be (after all this is an internet forum not the Washington Post)...

Haussler wants a go at Cavendish - he's fed up with hearing about how great the guy is. Earlier in the season he was able to give Cav a run for his money and he wants another go at him. This won't really happen because Thor is Cervelo's man for the sprints. Hence he is frustrated (although he does have a pair of green glasses like Cav's - homage to Cav perhaps :rolleyes:)

Apologies in advance if this is another single post thread cluttering up the forum - but it was of interest to me ;)

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
180mmCrank said:
Ok - Have a look at this...One slightly p!ssed Haussler.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/15072009/58/itw-haussler.html

So one totally unsubstantiated interpretation of this would be (after all this is an internet forum not the Washington Post)...

Haussler wants a go at Cavendish - he's fed up with hearing about how great the guy is. Earlier in the season he was able to give Cav a run for his money and he wants another go at him. This won't really happen because Thor is Cervelo's man for the sprints. Hence he is frustrated (although he does have a pair of green glasses like Cav's - homage to Cav perhaps :rolleyes:)

Apologies in advance if this is another single post thread cluttering up the forum - but it was of interest to me ;)

They may as well give him a go looking at the way Hushovd went backwards today and he even got the jump on Cav.
Having said that I'm not sure that Haussler has the form he had earlier in the season. Today was a classic sprint and should have favoured Hushovd and Farar with it being uphill...but in reality they just weren't up to it.

A

Anonymous

hausler seems to have got carried away by nearly winning MSR...

close only counts in horse shoes and hand grenades as someone once said..

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
I think if he was on form he could beat Cav on a stage like stage 12, but I think he spent too much energy in the early season to be much of a threat. But, hopefully, Cervelo will give him a chance.