• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Helmet accessories - anything available

Jun 6, 2010
Visit site
for those times when the heat is getting a little bit too much - just wondering if y'all know any good way to attach the helmet to your bike .

any advice please ?

A

Anonymous

simple

doxter said:
for those times when the heat is getting a little bit too much - just wondering if y'all know any good way to attach the helmet to your bike .

any advice please ?

I have one of these

sccehd.jpg

then when I don't mind the idea of bashing my brain out on the road I start the motor (controls in shifter) and the helmet lifts off, hovering above my head. I think Spartacus has one too....

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
It's call your saddle. it's connected to your ****, which is connected to your torso, which is connected to your neck, which is connected to your head, with connects to your helmet.

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
I have one of these

sccehd.jpg

then when I don't mind the idea of bashing my brain out on the road I start the motor (controls in shifter) and the helmet lifts off, hovering above my head. I think Spartacus has one too....

Good ideas!!!

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
brewerjeff said:
I have one of these

sccehd.jpg

Can that be converted to create a carbon nutral mechanical doping system
how much power will that turbo prop turn out.

A

Anonymous

Just keep the helmet on and pour water over your head. Works for me.

Otherwise start earlier in the day and/or take a few more rest stops in the shade to cool off. That's what I had to do when I lived in Texas.

That and find the occassional sprinkler and ride through it. haha!

doxter said:

any advice please ?

Good qu, I've been looking for something like that for ages. When we used to use spinacci bars they were perfect for dropping your helmet in for the climbs, nowadays it's a case of doing the strap up around the stem which is far more awkward to do while riding.

brewerjeff said:
then when I don't mind the idea of bashing my brain out on the road...

:rolleyes: must. let. no. mention. of. helmets. pass. without. warning. of. instant. death.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
barn yard said:
do up the clip and hook the strap over the stem so the helmet is in front of the bars

alternatively place it on your head
+1, this is the best way to go and needs no accessories. I wear my helmet 99.99% of the time but will sometimes hang it on the stem when it's hot and I turn into my neighborhood or riding to/from the car on race day.

I think you should always wear a helmet but if one chooses not to, that is their choice.

A

Anonymous

brianf7 said:
Can that be converted to create a carbon nutral mechanical doping system
how much power will that turbo prop turn out.

RE: power beanie
It has been rumored that the UCI technical committee is testing it for inclusion on its banned list. The fear is that the user will get the advantage of a "helicopter" effect. Power output depends on cotton vs synthetic fabric.

brewerjeff said:
RE: power beanie
It has been rumored that the UCI technical committee is testing it for inclusion on its banned list. The fear is that the user will get the advantage of a "helicopter" effect. Power output depends on cotton vs synthetic fabric.

In breaking news Pat McQuaid dismisses the existence of the Power Beanie as "pure bull5hit" and advises he has never heard of such a contraption. In other news British cycling legend Chris Boardman confirms he sat down with the UCI in 2009 to advise them that Power Beanie technology was a reality and warned that some professionals may seek to use it in races. Rumours that Lance Armstrong is preparing a Power Beanie to help him evade French doping tests are so far unconfirmed.

A

Anonymous

From a secret UCI file smuggled out of Switzerland....

63r2wm.jpg

yup... looks like the stealth PowerBeanie. No mention of which team has been developing it., but "Beani Doping" is here to stay.

TRENDING THREADS