• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hepburn thrown off Tour de l'Avenir.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
071651_b0b26063.jpg

Tour de l'Avenir thread has a discussion in more detail.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Biggest load of **** I have ever heard. Does this really offend people?

Obviously, otherwise he wouldn't have been pulled out of the tour. He should learn how to refrain himself and talk with his legs

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
woodie said:
Obviously, otherwise he wouldn't have been pulled out of the tour. He should learn how to refrain himself and talk with his legs

Thrown off the race? Come on. It was stupid but being thrown out the race is simply ridiculous. I also think taking the win off him is stupid.

At least we know we have got another **** like Mcewen in Australia :p

What reason did he have to do it?

May 20, 2010
Visit site
he got demoted on stage 2 for irregular sprinting. cost him the jersey.

note this sanction is from the team, not the organisers.

May 23, 2011
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

It is good that he was chucked out of the race. It was like walking into the race organizer's house and taking a dump in his front room. It is not just childish. It is selfish and it is disrespectful to all the work the organizers put into the race.

May 27, 2010
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:
Thrown off the race? Come on. It was stupid but being thrown out the race is simply ridiculous. I also think taking the win off him is stupid.

He wasn't thrown off he was pulled out by the AUS team management, lets clear that up. He was declassified on a stage for irregular sprinting he didn't lose his stage win. It could have been because he wasn't selected for worlds, which makes it childish, or it was because he got the time penalty, which makes it just as childish.

Him making the gesture was the stupid move

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
auscyclefan94 said:

He is an idiot for doing it tho. A young guy, looking to make his way into the sport and acting like an immature little boy, really sets the tone of what kinda attitude he has.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
Yes.

Not everyone, not even every cycling fan, is young and "cool" or "hip" or whatever the buzzword is these days.

Susan

People stick at the bird up at people all the time in Cars in Aus!

It is just like saying "how are you going?":D

I will go bak and delete the entire off - topic section. Personally, I saw Damiano's original comment as a joke, but obviously not everyone did.

'ACF, you are receiving an official warning for your comment on me. Although what on earth the relationship between me and Mussolini should be is totally beyond me....

Susan

Susan Westemeyer said:
Yes.

Not everyone, not even every cycling fan, is young and "cool" or "hip" or whatever the buzzword is these days.

Susan

Well said, Susan. Absolutely correct.
It was shown on Rai's Radio Corsa last night and the middle aged presenter was clearly shocked. It Italy, certain gestures are considered extremely offensive.
Different cultures have different standards.
As for those who argue he is showing he is human. Au Contraire. I'd say he was expressing more animalistic traits.

Mellow Velo said:
Well said, Susan. Absolutely correct.
It was shown on Rai's Radio Corsa last night and the middle aged presenter was clearly shocked. It Italian, certain gestures are considered extremely offensive.
Different cultures have different standards.
As for those who argue he is showing he is human. Au Contraire. I'd say he was expressing more animalistic traits.

Thanks. I wanted to come back and add something similar. He must learn that there are different standards around the world.

Susan

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Susan Westemeyer said:
I will go bak and delete the entire off - topic section. Personally, I saw Damiano's original comment as a joke, but obviously not everyone did.

'ACF, you are receiving an official warning for your comment on me. Although what on earth the relationship between me and Mussolini should be is totally beyond me....

Susan

So my comment isn't seen as a joke but Damiano's is? Talk about double standards. I just find it amazing all the various things that Damiano has said about Australian's yet you and some other mods do not do anything to stop his continual xenophobic comments.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I blame the gesture. Can't blame the feeling. Two stages on Avenir and no selection for the worlds. How about that? I would be giving a bras d'honneur in my mind to Stephens, sorry.

Organizers and audience have nothing to do with it and he should have kept that anger in his belly, though.

TRENDING THREADS