• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
I don't know about him being a serious challenger for overall in a GT like the Tour. He could contend for the overall in say the Giro or Vuelta. BUT, one thing's for certain IMO, he will be animated and cause problems for contenders on some stages in the biggest GTs. Plus make the race more interesting.

on3m@n@rmy said:
I don't know about him being a serious challenger for overall in a GT like the Tour. He could contend for the overall in say the Giro or Vuelta. BUT, one thing's for certain IMO, he will be animated and cause problems for contenders on some stages in the biggest GTs. Plus make the race more interesting.

Nah he wont win the Tour, nor will he go to the Giro (not too friendly with them Italians;))

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
What our thread started hasn't even voted :confused:

Nice on narking us out ;)

It will be a good thing he's back, it was getting a bit repetitive seeing Gilbert win it all, now at least someone will at least challenge him and not lead him out (ala the Schlecks!).

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Lookout Willunga.

I have quite a few people who will be in Adelaide who will be sabotaging Valverde's every single move! I'd some money on him needing quite a few bike changes throughout his possible trip Down Under.

if the rumours that he has been training like a mad man over the last 2 years are true i can see him returning to his former self by the ardennes (if he races a heavy early season schedule to get some racing k in his legs) and really shale things up

him and costa will show gilbert and the schlecks how a real 1-2 tactic is done

Parrulo said:
if the rumours that he has been training like a mad man over the last 2 years are true i can see him returning to his former self by the ardennes (if he races a heavy early season schedule to get some racing k in his legs) and really shale things up

him and costa will show gilbert and the schlecks how a real 1-2 tactic is done

In some racing mags (shows you where I'm at) in the past they said he did not used to train so hard... you know, go out for rides with the bro's instead of training rides. So, yeah, if that was true and he did what he did a couple years ago, and is now training like mad man... look out. That would be the Valverde I'd want to see.

The Hitch said:
2011 was a great season.

But there was something missing.

January 1st, it comes back

The most eagerly anticipated return in cycling history.

Alejandro "Piti" "El Imbatido" "El Bala" "Balaverde" Valverde.

Coming to the races you love this January.
Valverde's riding San Luís?
auscyclefan94 said:
But Valverde is the devil on wheels therefore I am allowed to be nasty towards his fans! :D
My avatar: the natural order of things. Valverde in front of Evans. Remember those days? *sniff*

TRENDING THREADS