• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders He's coming home!!!! Alejandro Valverde comeback thread.

Page 177 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

What will Valverde's impact be the cycling world in 2012

• Nuclear Holocoust

Votes: 27 100.0%

• Total voters
Carols said:
Really nice win today, He's Back! He attacked with 34km to go and took it to the line with Lulu and Birdsong, easily winning the sprint.

Tomorrow he'll lose time in the TTT but could still win the GC with a good ride on the MTF.

Even if he doesn't win he GC, getting his first victory after that horrible accident is a Huge Success!
Yep, the manner of the victory in his 5th race day back after such a serious injury is incredible. It had a bit of everything: explosivity on the climb, fearless descending, a 40 minute threshold effort at the end and a fast sprint. Looks like he's just picked up at the start of the season as if the injury never happened.

Re: Re:

WheelofGear said:
Valv.Piti said:
WheelofGear said:
Poels will properly win Valencia again, even if Bala wins the queen stage.

Valverde doesn't have a strong enough team for the TT. They are going to lose 15-35 secs to Sky.
Valverde could easily gain that amount of time if he is better than Poels. He doesn't need to be significantly better, that amount of time really isn't that much if you are going strong.

If Poels has the leader's jersey after the TTT, Valverde is not going to drop him by 30 secs. Only Quintana can do that.

There need to be bonus seconds for him to be the favorite and he needs to win stage 2 as well.

Ok, I didn't except that at all. At least not from a break.

He is halfway there. Still needs to win the MTF and stay within the 40 sec mark of Sky in the TTT.

Aight, I also watched the climb now. Pretty boring until Fuglsang attacked, but that was an extremely powerfull move by Valverde. Thats vintage! Incredibly bad tactics by Sky, nonchalant you might say, to let LLS of all people go after the climb. Without him he wouldn't have won - thanks Luis!

I think Valverde should be the favourite now, but tomorrow could go either way really. They have a lot of unknown riders in the discipline, it isn't the likes of Malori, Castroviejo, Izagirre etc. this time around.

Also, did people notice how many people congratulated him afterwards? Jesus Herrada, Visconti, LLS... LLS even had a grin on his face after getting beaten, his old pal from Murcia is back. :p

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Aight, I also watched the climb now. Pretty boring until Fuglsang attacked, but that was an extremely powerfull move by Valverde. Thats vintage! Incredibly bad tactics by Sky, nonchalant you might say, to let LLS of all people go after the climb. Without him he wouldn't have won - thanks Luis!

I think Valverde should be the favourite now, but tomorrow could go either way really. They have a lot of unknown riders in the discipline, it isn't the likes of Malori, Castroviejo, Izagirre etc. this time around.

Also, did people notice how many people congratulated him afterwards? Jesus Herrada, Visconti, LLS... LLS even had a grin on his face after getting beaten, his old pal from Murcia is back. :p

Everybody in the peloton likes Valverde ;)

Aug 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
portugal11 said:
Naturaleza
Oh yes. Es naturalezo. :cool:

Velolover2 said:
This guy is a complete monster.

2018 could be an even better season than 2017.
Considering that half his season went down the drain and the hard course in Innsbruck, its definitely possible... But I really wont expect that, I still rate his 2017 extremely high despite he didn't finish one GT-stage.
naturalezo :eek: :eek: :D

TRENDING THREADS