• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hilly TT of 40 km: Contador or Froome?

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Hilly TT of 40 km - Contador or Froome, who is better?

• don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Miburo said:
True, he will be his biggest contender although we still need to wonder what will happen with Wiggins.

Will he really help Froome, will GB be able to live with that? That the former tour winner needs to help his teammate. I doubt Sky will decide that directly, prob during the tour

So I think Wiggins's presence might hurt his chances.

And if Contador is 100% and let's assume he will be that still obviously too early to say but if that's the case he has no opponent :p

Maybe i'm a bit biased though lol

I don't think Vroome! can go back to just being a domestique. He's now shown in 2 different GTs that he's a superior cyclist to Wiggins. I don't care HOW much Wiggins wants to defend his title. When Contador and Schleck unleash on him in the mountains, he's done.

I think Contador pips Froome in this one. Not by much, but I think the fatigue is catching up to Vroome!

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Publicus said:
I don't think Vroome! can go back to just being a domestique. He's now shown in 2 different GTs that he's a superior cyclist to Wiggins. I don't care HOW much Wiggins wants to defend his title. When Contador and Schleck unleash on him in the mountains, he's done.

I think Contador pips Froome in this one. Not by much, but I think the fatigue is catching up to Vroome!

Sky and GB will have a different opinion on that one sadly enough. They've to try with Wiggins and I think Froome will be their joker.

Look at how popular Wiggins is in GB.

Anyway back on topic I think Contador will take it too, and he raced the TT 8 times and it has a very technical descent.

That's obviously a big advantage for sure knowing that Contador is better at descending, at least that's what i'm assuming.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
movingtarget said:
Didn't you realise that every thread is becoming an "unofficial" I Love Alberto thread. Better get used to it. If he wins the Vuelta it will only get worse and many keyboards will need industrial cleaning...............

And yet it doesn't interfere one poster to test his wittiness on me, post сats, sort of saying 'loool, you are so wrong'. :) presumably, for part of contador block, opponents are nearly сicloamatore.

airstream said:
And yet it doesn't interfere one poster to test his wittiness on me, post сats, sort of saying 'loool, you are so wrong'. :) presumably, for part of contador block, opponents are nearly сicloamatore.

You take yourself WAAAAAYYYYYYY too seriously. If you want to make ridiculous statements decrying folks lack of objectivity because they do not share your self-proclaimed bias free opinion you are going to get mocked. Also, too:

youmadbro.jpg

Publicus said:

Wiggins said he might go.for.giro and for.once in his life.he might not be lying. Look how sky signed basically the ultimate giro domestique last week.

Or he might actually try pr.

Either that or he just cruises the season for the film contract. He knows stealing tour leadership from froome is not an option ( although i suppose he could pphone his great friend lance and ask what the best way to screw a team leader is)

May 19, 2011
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Wiggins said he might go.for.giro and for.once in his life.he might not be lying. Look how sky signed basically the ultimate giro domestique last week.

Or he might actually try pr.

Either that or he just cruises the season for the film contract. He knows stealing tour leadership from froome is not an option ( although i suppose he could pphone his great friend lance and ask what the best way to screw a team leader is)

Next year Port is leading SKY for Giro, Port, Froom, Wiggins will all be at Tour to help W to defend. F, W or both(depends Tour result) will do the Vuelta. W might try to win Giro but definitely not in 2013.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
maxmartin said:
Next year Port is leading SKY for Giro, Port, Froom, Wiggins will all be at Tour to help W to defend. F, W or both(depends Tour result) will do the Vuelta. W might try to win Giro but definitely not in 2013.

What about Henao and Uran. Not in Giro? I give Henao more chances than Porte.

May 19, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
What about Henao and Uran. Not in Giro? I give Henao more chances than Porte.

domestiques and i think one of them is leaving SKY soon, SKY future GC core is showed in this year tour. And team management confirmed many times.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:

hah,joke!:DPorte barely for Top10:rolleyes:

May 19, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
hah,joke!:DPorte barely for Top10:rolleyes:

this Year TOF Port to win the Giro, sure why not? You can't use any previous results before ToF to judge SKY riders. And if you have a problem with Port leading Giro then talk to SKY management:D

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
maxmartin said:
this Year TOF Port to win the tour, sure why not? You can't use any previous results before ToF to judge SKY riders. And if you have a problem with Port leading Giro then talk to SKY management:D
Yeah,thats the way to STOP it:D...I think Henao and Uran will beat him at least by 3 minutes:p

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
sniper said:
I'm sort of honored, I guess :)

Indeed, I'm not hanging out here alot, which is a pity.
In fact, I've stopped actively following cycling a few years ago when Herbert Dijkstra started providing live commentary (the dutchees among us know what a torture that is). Another reason was me moving to Germany a couple of years back. As you know, in Germany watching cycling is a sin while talking about doping is bliss ;)

Ouch, I feel you.. :p

May 19, 2011
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Yeah,thats the way to STOP it:D...I think Henao and Uran will beat him at least by 3 minutes:p

one of them is leaving soon because no guaranteed GC leader position, another may stay one or two more years

Nobody pulled the "Other/Vino" yet?? Has that already worn itself out?? Really?

Anyway - Conti to beat Froomi while shuffling back and forth in the saddle every ten strokes like he always does. One of the four contenders - probably Froome - will lose some time taking a tumble or having a mechanical.

Roche and Cunego will have good times as well - just because I want it that way...

Phil and Paul will be going on about how whoever's on screen is "putting the hammer down" and Kelly will be talking about how we'll now more when's there's "Fotty-Totty" kilometers left not realising that's the situation when they roll off the ramp. Oh, an none of the commentators will have any clue how estimate the time distance from the last few bends for any of the contenders even though they will have watched nigh on 200 riders go the exact same distance before then...

Did I mention that Conti will kick donkey?

TRENDING THREADS