• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hincapie new US-Champion

Aug 30, 2009
Visit site
George Hincapie, perfect teammate and seems like a good genuine bloke.

Always working so hard for others good to see some personal recognition.

One of my favourites of the peloton.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
53 x 11 said:
He wears black socks at times and I therefore cannot endorse this victory.

Hahaha....

I used to like George a lot, until he whined so much about missing yellow in this years TdF and got mad at Evans for being in the break that Evans initiated. However, he seems like a pretty nice guy and I think he will continue to give a lot back to cycling after he retires, given his "pla d'Adet plans" in NC. I just hope he grows up a bit before then!

Anyway, congrats George!

A

Anonymous

krebs303 said:
It's not his fault. He used to hang out with a bad crowd.

If I remember correctly, he is the one that influenced the Uniballer to wear black socks.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Regardless of his very out of the ordinary whining at the Tour this year, I'm a big fan of George. He's always been a classy guy, and even though he's from South Carolina, he's got a lot of Belgian in him.

I'm so glad that this year's champion is someone I can be proud of. Last year I thought it was an embarrassment that Hamilton won. I won't get into the details (that's a post for The Clinic), but I was proud to see George in the Stars and Stripes in the past, and will be for the next year.

The big question is will Columbia give him a NC jersey that looks like the ones of old?

image.php

Jul 16, 2009
Visit site
us yanks are great at coming back from a collar bone break to win.
lance it hardly even cost him a thought
it gave Georgie boy must needed form and anyone remember tyler- the press conference with the x ray and the stage win?

Mar 31, 2009
Visit site
Yep - nice win George!! Hope he gets his P-R victory next time out - wouldn't be the first old campaigner to pull it off real late in his career...:)

Aug 15, 2009
Visit site
Good for you, George.

Now why does the U.S. have the single ugliest national champion jersey in the world? It looks like the freakin' Harlem Globetrotters uniform.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
NickBVK said:
George Hincapie, perfect teammate and seems like a good genuine bloke.

Always working so hard for others good to see some personal recognition.

One of my favourites of the peloton.

I don't totally agree here...good teammate most of the time. When Levi won the road race 2 years ago it was very obvious at the finish that George was not happy!! No congrats (at least publicly) to Levi. Not a perfect teammate.

Congrats anyway.

TRENDING THREADS