• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Hoogerheide

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
OMG, Did Nys just let Albert ride away? Was he at the end of his powers?
Is he trying to 'buy' help for next week?
He just sits on Fidea's wheel now.

What do you think?

/edit: he's getting passed by others now, seems to be blown up. Or saving himself for the Worlds.

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
good last lap, great to see Albert win that race.

I almost wanted Albert to win the entire world cup, but i guess it that situation team mates will be best buddies.

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
OMG, Did Nys just let Albert ride away? Was he at the end of his powers?
Is he trying to 'buy' help for next week?
He just sits on Fidea's wheel now.

What do you think?

/edit: he's getting passed by others now, seems to be blown up. Or saving himself for the Worlds.

Sven just told that the pace was too high form (on Flemish TV) ... & he had to let Niels go ...

commentators were wondering why he had to race yesterday in a meaningless race in stead of saving himself for today ...

my humble opinion is that Sven had a good training today :D

I've also feared Nys had been bribed by Fidea. We'll never know but judging by what he did in the rest of the race we could see he was not that good. Probably like Wellens he shouldn't have raced yesterday in Zonebeke but that's also why we like Sven. He never hesitates to race 'non-ranking' events.

Anyway I'm glad for Styby. He deserves it. I really can't stand Albert any longer. He's just a crybaby.