• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

Hot racing coming up in Australia

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

TMP402 said:
Apparently Froome and Kennaugh attacked with 19km to go, and held off the peloton. I'm not seeing any links to live coverage online.
This seems the best way to follow the race https://twitter.com/HeraldSunTour
Top 10 from todays stage

1. KENNAUGH (SKY) 3h01:47

2. FROOME (SKY) +0

3. SMITH (ONE) +17

4. GIACOPPO (AIW) +17

5. HAIG (OGE) +17

6. BOBRIDGE (TFS) +17

7. PHELAN (DPC) +17

8. DONOHOE (AUS) +17

9. CUNEGO (NIP) +17

10. MEIER (OGE) +17
 
Re: Re:

StryderHells said:
Mayomaniac said:
Ferminal said:
For whatever a 2100m race is worth...

Looks like the Sky GC remains undecided, Froome appears to have some form although finishing behind Henao and Kennaugh who already showed themselves on the weekend. Honestly Froome/Kennaugh should 1-2 regardless.

I'm guessing one of the Praties boys (Cooper) to be next best. Maybe Haig.
Yeah, but Froome finishing behind young Sebastián Henao is still a bit surprising.

Not surprising, its a tight circuit which wouldn't take much for something to go wrong so why would Froome risk it when he's only here at his sponsors request. I don't think Froome wins this race anyway

I was wrong looking at what happened today, looks like Froome did come here to race
 
Re: Re:

StryderHells said:
StryderHells said:
Mayomaniac said:
Ferminal said:
For whatever a 2100m race is worth...

Looks like the Sky GC remains undecided, Froome appears to have some form although finishing behind Henao and Kennaugh who already showed themselves on the weekend. Honestly Froome/Kennaugh should 1-2 regardless.

I'm guessing one of the Praties boys (Cooper) to be next best. Maybe Haig.
Yeah, but Froome finishing behind young Sebastián Henao is still a bit surprising.

Not surprising, its a tight circuit which wouldn't take much for something to go wrong so why would Froome risk it when he's only here at his sponsors request. I don't think Froome wins this race anyway

I was wrong looking at what happened today, looks like Froome did come here to race

Froome and Sky always show up to race.
 
Re: Re:

pastronef said:
wrinklyvet said:
harryh said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRiJzyajfN8
Amusing comment by Jack Haig at 3:34!

yes, I understand a bit of it. can someone write down what Howson and Haig said? thanks
Sure. I missed a few words of drawl but it was more or less, Haig: "I used to just cruise around, chat with my mates, have a good time and these guys just want to give [?] all day. Quoi, he started it I guess. Froomey's come here, stole all our crowd and beaten us in bike racing. Whose idea was it to bring HIM?"

Howson: "Last 20k, it was up there with the hardest thing ever. it was cat and mouse the whole time. The yo yo effect between the two Sky guys and ourselves was just hovering between 8 and 14 seconds and there was just a full chase to the line and got caught 150 to go or something like that."

As you indicate, it's not clear diction and it may need an Aussie to confirm but it's the Haig humour I like!
 
Re: Re:

JRanton said:
StryderHells said:
StryderHells said:
Mayomaniac said:
Ferminal said:
For whatever a 2100m race is worth...

Looks like the Sky GC remains undecided, Froome appears to have some form although finishing behind Henao and Kennaugh who already showed themselves on the weekend. Honestly Froome/Kennaugh should 1-2 regardless.

I'm guessing one of the Praties boys (Cooper) to be next best. Maybe Haig.
Yeah, but Froome finishing behind young Sebastián Henao is still a bit surprising.

Not surprising, its a tight circuit which wouldn't take much for something to go wrong so why would Froome risk it when he's only here at his sponsors request. I don't think Froome wins this race anyway

I was wrong looking at what happened today, looks like Froome did come here to race

Froome and Sky always show up to race.

Still think they can get rolled at this race but I guess you might be right
 
Re: Re:

Jancouver said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Am I right in assuming there's no tv coverage?

Unless you are in Australia ... (even that, I think there is only a recap)

You are 100% correct! We are only getting a a daily recap of the race which is a pity as the route this year is through some really amazing countryside with the exception of today's finishing town, Moe is a real dump! :D
 
Kennaugh and Froome again?

Stage result:

Time/Gap Bonus
1. 1 Caleb Ewan (OGE) 3h29:06 10
2. 46 Tanner PUTT (UHC) +0 6
3. 12 Peter KENNAUGH (SKY) +3 4
4. 11 Christopher FROOME (SKY) +5
5. 26 Jack Bobridge (TFS) +5 3
6. 3 Jack Haig (OGE) +14
7. 24 Niccolo BONIFAZIO (TFS) +25
8. 44 John MURPHY (UHC) +25
9. 96 Patrick Shaw (AIW) +25 1
10. 22 Fumiyuki BEPPU (TFS) +25
11. 4 Damien HOWSON (OGE) +25
12. 91 Joseph Cooper (AIW) +28
13. 152 Alistair Donohoe (AUS) +28

GC:

Time/Gap
1. 12 Peter KENNAUGH (SKY) 6h33:21
2. 11 Christopher FROOME (SKY) +13
3. 26 Jack Bobridge (TFS) +31
4. 3 Jack Haig (OGE) +48
5. 65 Dion Smith (ONE) +52
6. 4 Damien HOWSON (OGE) +53
7. 92 Anthony Giacoppo (AIW) +54
8. 95 Robbie Hucker (AIW) +54
9. 96 Patrick Shaw (AIW) +55
10. 91 Joseph Cooper (AIW) +55
 
Sounds like that was a very fun stage. Ewan was the massive favourite of course but I don't think anyone thought he'd win from a six man group. He had Haig there with him which must have been crucial I'd have thought given that Kennaugh launched an attack in the final km.
 
Re: Re:

Alex Simmons/RST said:
Zinoviev Letter said:
Am I right in assuming there's no tv coverage?
final stage Arthurs Seat is televised.

Am at the race again this year. Driving Race Doctor. First two stages were crackers. Stage 1 especially.
Yeah they really have done a good job with the route this year, the Yarra Valley is a cyclists paradise with so many cracking roads so hopefully they head back next year
 
Mar 14, 2009
3,436
0
0
Visit site
The Aussie race organization at its best. Tight downhill right hand turn with 300m to go :eek:

Caf412XUYAAMtdl.jpg:large
 

TRENDING THREADS