• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How Dirty Do You Think The Peloton Is ?

How Dirty Do You Think The Peloton Is?

• 90 - 100%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
The doping culture/mentality cannot be changed overnight, especially when the peloton is comprised of so many riders with so much experience in it. It's isn't as overboard, but most will still push the limits as much as they can.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
If we say only about hardcore doping [EPO, transfusions] - 10-20%. If we look into account all the details of no needle policy - 90-100%.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Another BS poll based on opinions of corrupted perspectives.
If this was actually measurable the problem would be solved. All this poll shows is the direct cynicism of the person making the guess, and a guess is the best anyone is making unless maybe they work in the bio passport.
The normal distribution would be %20 of the riders are %80 of the problem. Given the ever increasing pressure to ride clean I would think this distribution is depressed so the 0 to %20 should be the upper limit of current doping cheaters. But like I said it is a guess.
Visit Babes on Bikes for your daily cycling fix. They might be dopers too so a clinic holiday with nice scenery. Frankly I wish the clinic was only open for this crap but once a week.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
I think there's at least 1 clean rider and at least 1 doped rider. The other 533 ... honestly no idea. I wouldn't be at all shocked if someone told me 99% doped but nor would I be shocked if I was told only 1% doped. So hard to tell.

deValtos said:
I think there's at least 1 clean rider and at least 1 doped rider. The other 533 ... honestly no idea. I wouldn't be at all shocked if someone told me 99% doped but nor would I be shocked if I was told only 1% doped. So hard to tell.
Is this a joke?:) I mean what facts would point in that direction? Maybe I am blind, but I can not see them.

Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Samson777 said:
Is this a joke?:) I mean what facts would point in that direction? Maybe I am blind, but I can not see them.

No it's not a joke. I don't know what facts you would be looking for, it's near impossible to prove a rider is clean. You only have passing tests as facts to show someone is clean (and we know how useless they've been in the past), everything else is subjective opinion.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
So out of 41 no one voted clean ....

I voted 2/3 dirty for the record.

But i think this poll is biased as it is n the clinic and i do not think
that most of the posters of the general racing section drop in regularly. Their opinion would be nevertheless interesting....
Is it allowed to link this kind of poll in the general racing forum ?

Master50 said:
... and a guess is the best anyone is making unless maybe they work in the bio passport.....

Except the bio-passport program is a sham. Armstrong's clearly positive 2010 samples were not processed beyond the test itself, which was clearly positive. And yet, other riders with similar values had AAF's.

Since sometime 2012 the UCI runs the APMU, they have total control of the most important parts of the system. Samples are now completely anonymous to any lab. No more Contador positive leaks.

Cleanest. Peloton. Ever.

And, for the record, the UCI standard response to the question of the scale of the doping problem is always some variation of: 2% of the peloton and the bio-passport is lowering that number to zero.

Master50 said:
Another BS poll based on opinions of corrupted perspectives.
If this was actually measurable the problem would be solved. All this poll shows is the direct cynicism of the person making the guess, and a guess is the best anyone is making unless maybe they work in the bio passport.
The normal distribution would be %20 of the riders are %80 of the problem. Given the ever increasing pressure to ride clean I would think this distribution is depressed so the 0 to %20 should be the upper limit of current doping cheaters. But like I said it is a guess.
Visit Babes on Bikes for your daily cycling fix. They might be dopers too so a clinic holiday with nice scenery. Frankly I wish the clinic was only open for this crap but once a week.

Think of this poll as a measure of cynicism as opposed to a matter of accuracy into doping. There are a lot of disillusioned fans out there.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
RobbieCanuck said:
Think of this poll as a measure of cynicism as opposed to a matter of accuracy into doping. There are a lot of disillusioned fans out there.

Quantification based on hunches is a fools errand; trying to give pure suspicions a number just seems pointless.

We can be relatively sure of two things.

1. The pool of possible dopers is broadly the same, because people are people, and a certain proportion are always gonna be tempted to cheat. That ain't ever gonna change.

2. The quality of the dope in current use, if its about, has significantly reduced from the EPO/Blood bag heyday - the evidence in reduced times and power outputs is practically undeniable.

That's not limited to cycling either. Female athletics in the 70's and 80's was as crooked and doped as the golden years of EPo in cycling - we still have lots of cheats - but the times from back then from 100 - 800 have never been seriously challenged - a strong sign that while the new dope may be less easy to detect, and readily used, the payoff is that it's not nearly as good either...

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I disagree with people saying that this poll is pointless. It's good to know the general mindset of the Clinic, if nothing else.

FWIW I voted 40-50%, but this is a real stab in the dark of course.

deValtos said:
No it's not a joke. I don't know what facts you would be looking for, it's near impossible to prove a rider is clean. You only have passing tests as facts to show someone is clean (and we know how useless they've been in the past), everything else is subjective opinion.
So why would you not be surprised if they are clean...? I don't get it I am sorry. If nothing indicates that 99% is clean, it's maybe because they are not..

I voted for those who I think are currently doping, or are having the intention of doping this year. 0-10%

If my vote had included those having previously doped or having the intention to dope when they feel it is less risky, I would have increased the percentage of my vote.

Edit: Just read the first post. Yep 0-10% is what I'm thinkin.

TRENDING THREADS