• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How Doped are the U23/Junior Fields?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Green Tea

BANNED
Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Read the full page on endurance performance...

http://www.tmuscle.com/free_online_article/sports_body_training_performance_interviews/the_next_creatine

Or your a troll...

TC: Speaking of endurance, what can you tell me about this study from South Korea on Olympic caliber cyclists?

JS: Sure, in a study presented just this summer, Dr. Kim from South Korea, examined the effects of supplementing Olympic caliber cyclist on either beta-alanine (4.8 g per day) or placebo while training for 12 weeks.

The beta-alanine group increased their carnosine levels by 33%, thus increasing anaerobic threshold and time to exhaustion, while the placebo group saw no or very little change.

The placebo group changes are typical in elite athletes as very intense training results in very small performance changes in elite athletes. But the effect of supplementing beta-alanine is huge and could be the difference between a medal and not finishing in the top 10.

The specific results of this study will be presented in 2007, but I can't say anything more about it right now.

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
In my experience, they are very doped. More so that professionals. There is no passport and controls are a farce. Add to that the fact the people who end up in charge of U-23 teams are usually the rejects of pro cycling are abuse through manipulation. The results are many broken dreams of ambitious young men.

The substance list does not mirror what the troll said, but consists of the good old substances that the cycling world is well aware of.

I find it bizarre in this cruel theatre that is cycling that people with everything to gain and nothing to loose, -apart from chattered dreams and possibly health- are not controlled enough.

Pro contract is a big carrot to wave.

Then they wonder why the pros (who should be allowed to be medically enhanced in certain ways, within limits) are often dopers.

Sporting authorities don't appear to care.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
...never go full genius.

It's true - Green Tea is better than EPO...
11ipw07.jpg

Check carefully on the box -
It says it in plain English, 今草隶隸草魏碑

Here is my most recent urine sample.
330qk1t.jpg

And Green Tea, if you try and deny the great benefits of Green Tea you are a ...

Troll.

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Green Tea said:
Read the full page on endurance performance...

[EDITED BY MOD >> NO ADS<<<]

Or your a troll...

"The specific results of this study will be presented in 2007, but I can't say anything more about it right now."

What year is it? Can he talk about the study now? Is English your first language? Do you think "there" putting motors in "there" bikes?

Fester said:
In my experience, they are very doped. More so that professionals. There is no passport and controls are a farce. Add to that the fact the people who end up in charge of U-23 teams are usually the rejects of pro cycling are abuse through manipulation. The results are many broken dreams of ambitious young men.

The substance list does not mirror what the troll said, but consists of the good old substances that the cycling world is well aware of.

I find it bizarre in this cruel theatre that is cycling that people with everything to gain and nothing to loose, -apart from chattered dreams and possibly health- are not controlled enough.

Pro contract is a big carrot to wave.

Then they wonder why the pros (who should be allowed to be medically enhanced in certain ways, within limits) are often dopers.

Sporting authorities don't appear to care.

Yeah, sad to say but I suspect U23 has always been a bit of a vampire thing. Or maybe better to term it the "fox guarding the hen house."

Aug 4, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Green Tea - You need to stay on topic. Your posts read like constant advertising, just without links, and you're running the risk of having your posts deleted, and your account banned

Its addvertising rubbish and no proof it will work. some will work a little so instead of pushing this junk just spend more time on the bike.

Train hard and loose waight then take this junk and put it back on again.

Most of them things just cause you to retain water nothing worth the money I know I have tried them

Save the money and buy a faster bike!!!!. at least if it dont go faster you can sell it on Ebay.

A

Anonymous

http://evidencebasedfitness.blogspot.com/2007/04/another-beta-alanine-study-dont-buy.html

The Bottom Line:

If I ignore a lot of bad stuff, here's what I take away from this study:

1) There is weak evidence from this study to show that creatine and creatine with beta-alanine supplementation can have benefits to body composition, strength and workout quality.

2) There is NO evidence from this study to show that the addition of beta-alanine to creatine supplementation has any additional benefit to anything that was measured in this study.

3) I despair at the future of fitness research on a weekly basis.

So, if you're thinking of buying beta-alanine, stop. Serious. Just stop. I don't know how to get this point across any more effectively.

A

Anonymous

Scott SoCal said:
http://evidencebasedfitness.blogspot.com/2007/04/another-beta-alanine-study-dont-buy.html

The Bottom Line:

If I ignore a lot of bad stuff, here's what I take away from this study:

1) There is weak evidence from this study to show that creatine and creatine with beta-alanine supplementation can have benefits to body composition, strength and workout quality.

2) There is NO evidence from this study to show that the addition of beta-alanine to creatine supplementation has any additional benefit to anything that was measured in this study.

3) I despair at the future of fitness research on a weekly basis.

So, if you're thinking of buying beta-alanine, stop. Serious. Just stop. I don't know how to get this point across any more effectively.

You could have added "you idiotic little taintstains" after "Serious. Just stop." Just a suggestion.

A

Anonymous

Thoughtforfood said:
You could have added "you idiotic little taintstains" after "Serious. Just stop." Just a suggestion.

True dat.;)

Jan 22, 2010
Visit site
Name calling, Mr. Green Tea? How very big of you.

I just want to read about these facts that you claim to have, that's all.
Put your money where your mouth is.

No need for name calling.

A

Anonymous

More study analysis of beta-alanine

http://evidencebasedfitness.blogspot.com/2007/04/beta-alanine-harris-study-this-is-what.html

If you're going to make the decision to take beta-alanine, then at least make an informed decision about the step that you're about to take. You should be aware that uncomfortable flushing of your ass is a possible side effect if you don't take the correct dose. You should also be aware that there is about as much evidence to support the use of beta-alanine in weight lifting as there is evidence to support the use of gel-caps filled with baby powder.

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
Green Tea - You need to stay on topic. Your posts read like constant advertising, just without links, and you're running the risk of having your posts deleted, and your account banned.

he needs to be banned Alpe... he's been pedalling his wares for months.

remember he tried to claim Cuddles won the Fleche Wallone Classic because he listened to his advise about using creatine?
>> link <<

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
http://evidencebasedfitness.blogspot.com/2007/04/beta-alanine-harris-study-this-is-what.html

If you're going to make the decision to take beta-alanine, then at least make an informed decision about the step that you're about to take. You should be aware that uncomfortable flushing of your ass is a possible side effect if you don't take the correct dose. You should also be aware that there is about as much evidence to support the use of beta-alanine in weight lifting as there is evidence to support the use of gel-caps filled with baby powder.

green tea has gone full genius yes but i will say that creatine beta alanine bcaas glutamine etc are useful to cyclists i have trained and raced with and without and these and other supplements they are beneficial at least for me regarding body fat recovery and sprint ability as well as for reducing or eliminating muscle soreness. that said not epo or blood doping by any stretch. and of course a very good diet is key as well. so just because green tea is crazy does not mean these supplements are not very much useful to athletes involved in endurance sports. this is based on my own education and personal experience.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
So there I was, sitting at my desk and studying away at some more physiology and low and behold, I got distracted and started reading the forums again.

Two thoughts came to mind.... why oh why do i bother reading when its just people getting angry at one genius again and again. Just feeding the troll.
Then i realised i had a massive grin on my face. Thisis quite good comedy for me.

But seriously, does anybody think GreenTea is possibly just an idiot? I mean, that would be far more hilarious than him being a troll.

Oh and by the way. Green Tea, I found the most amazing supplement you can possibly get your hands on. It was WAYYYYYY better than the creatine you recomended me. Threshold power went up 50%. I was smashing out 7.3 watts per kilogram for 15 minutes up the local climbs. My power meter says so.

All you have to do is use a massive suppository of tobasco sauce. Give it a go some time, you'll thank me. Fabian sure did :)

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
Brooks Fahey Baldwin said:
So there I was, sitting at my desk and studying away at some more physiology and low and behold, I got distracted and started reading the forums again.

Two thoughts came to mind.... why oh why do i bother reading when its just people getting angry at one genius again and again. Just feeding the troll.
Then i realised i had a massive grin on my face. Thisis quite good comedy for me.

But seriously, does anybody think GreenTea is possibly just an idiot? I mean, that would be far more hilarious than him being a troll.

Oh and by the way. Green Tea, I found the most amazing supplement you can possibly get your hands on. It was WAYYYYYY better than the creatine you recomended me. Threshold power went up 50%. I was smashing out 7.3 watts per kilogram for 15 minutes up the local climbs. My power meter says so.

All you have to do is use a massive suppository of tobasco sauce. Give it a go some time, you'll thank me. Fabian sure did :)

yes indeed, just rub some tobascogel on your legs and you'll fly :p

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Green Tea said:
But there not testing positive for EPO, because unbelievably there not using the stuff.

Open your eyes.

Cancellara & Lance don't use EPO. There negative. Its nutritional supplements, knowledge & training.

I wish people could see it.

Well that sounds unlikely 2 me when lance when so many of them have non-negatived for EPO

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

beatthatrat said:
sniper said:
Does anybody know if/when/why the BC u23 academy in Quarrata was closed down?
Or is it still operative?

Read somewhere, can't remember where, that they moved it back to Britain.

cheers.
i remember reading somewhere that at some point between 2012-13-ish (I could be one or two years off) CONI decided to significantly increase the testing on u23 races in Italy.
I'm clutching at straws here, but it would be fun to see if CONI's decision and BC's move back to Britian somehow correlated.
The Quarrata chapter and Sciandri's involvement is one dodgy smelly chapter in the history of BC/Sky.

edit: I also found this:
"Shane Sutton wants to "reinvent" Quarrata set-up that produced Cavendish, Kennaugh, Thomas and others"
road.cc/content/news/154521-british-cycling-re-establish-italian-base-it-chases-tokyo-2020-glory
Not sure if they have gone forward with this?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site