• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How every race organiser feels

Mar 5, 2009
Visit site
Aaaaaaah hahahahahaaha. Hilarious.

The best part "I thought I had honorary lifetime club membership."

It could do without the swearing - doesn't add anything to the humor, but this is great.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Painfully familiar. I work in theatre and I have been in pretty much the exact conversation on many occasions, though it must be said I thought rather than spoke.

"I'll let you know fifteen minutes before the start." Hilariously, dreadfully familiar.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
This is excellent - I had it emailed to me last week, well done for posting it Sproket!
...."No problem,I always do my bit for the Club"...

It reminds me of a race I was lead car driver at - and as a matter of courtesy I called a 'Club Member' who had volunteered to marshal a corner to let him know that we were 2 miles from him.
He sounded rather out of breath and stressed but said "ok" and promptly hung up. Moments later he overtook me (having overtaken the bunch & cavalcade!) .... But he was at the corner before the race!