• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How friggin good was the Canc ? Bodes well for the TTT

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
Fark he looked good. Dropped a load of weight and smashed the field up. Saxo are going to demolish the field in the TTT and make up the lost stage 1 time for the Shleck boys.

I'm mighty impressed. The Canc can pump this race one day. Not this year but he will win the Tour one day.

Must say Andy is in the box seat with this. He will win the the Tour.

A

Anonymous

whiteboytrash said:
Fark he looked good. Dropped a load of weight and smashed the field up. Saxo are going to demolish the field in the TTT and make up the lost stage 1 time for the Shleck boys.

I'm mighty impressed. The Canc can pump this race one day. Not this year but he will win the Tour one day.

He lost some weight, but his legs still weigh more than A. Schleck. I think he will be fun to watch, but will falter when its time for the team leaders to make up the final group on the climbs.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:
Saxo are going to demolish the field in the TTT and make up the lost stage 1 time for the Shleck boys.

I would be utterly amazed if Saxo were to finish ahead of Astana or Columbia in the TTT. Cancellara can ride like a train but who's going to keep up with him? I'm also bemused by your conclusion that today's result puts Schleklet in the driving seat. Care to explain?

whiteboytrash

BANNED
Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
clydesdale said:
While I hope you're right as I put money on Andy Schleck to podium, do you really think they can take Astana and Columbia in the TTT?

It'll be an interesting stage.

The Canc could ride the TTT on his own dragging the rest of the team with him. Good news for A.Shleck. He'll be level with Contador on time post stage 3. Best wishes to Saxo. They prepare very well for the Tour.

Saxo will win the TTT by a big big margin. I know.

Parrot23 said:
I don't see the weight loss. I'm looking. Maybe 2 kilos max. But these claims of multiple kilos?

+1 Spartacus still looks like a brick sh!thouse.

He lost time to Contador on the short climb. If he wants to bury himself, I could see him limiting his losses to a lot of the contenders; but I don't see how he can limit his losses enough to beat someone like Contador. And what are the chances there will soon be another Tour with this year's crappy mountain stages? If he cannot win this year then he has no chance winning ever.

HA!

To think Cancellara (strong as he is) all by himself could destroy the multiple TT experts on Garmin, Columbia and Astana is just ridiculous... Spartacus was yet again in a league of his own today, but wednesday will be another story. He, Larsson and Voigt will no doubt have to take the massive load for Saxo Bank though.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
whiteboytrash said:

Cancellara will never win the Tour.

Andy is in the box seat to maybe repeat as White Jersey winner. That's it...not the yellow. He's going to lose a boatload of time in the next ITT.
Heck, he might not even win the White Jersey, appears he has some good competition in Kreuziger, Nibali, and Gesink.

whiteboytrash said:

Its the LE Tour.... Duh.

whiteboytrash said:
The Canc could ride the TTT on his own dragging the rest of the team with him. Good news for A.Shleck. He'll be level with Contador on time post stage 3. Best wishes to Saxo. They prepare very well for the Tour.

Saxo will win the TTT by a big big margin. I know.

I don't see Saxo beating Columbia, Garmin, or Astana in the TTT.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
In his white world champion's time trial kit he looks like the Michelin Man.

So THAT was the fat chick I saw riding! I have been scratching my head all day.....

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Who does everyone think will take the yellow jersey after Montpellier TTT? I personally think Wiggins will take the yellow jersey. I was a bit disapointed with Team Columbia. I understand they would be saving themselves for the sprints but i thought Grabsch, Rogers and Kirchen would go a better than they did but Tony Martin still had a strong ride.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
Kazistuta said:
HA!

To think Cancellara (strong as he is) all by himself could destroy the multiple TT experts on Garmin, Columbia and Astana is just ridiculous... Spartacus was yet again in a league of his own today, but wednesday will be another story. He, Larsson and Voigt will no doubt have to take the massive load for Saxo Bank though.
Arvesen and O'Grady are good TTers also. Saxo should go very well in the TTT.

TRENDING THREADS