• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How long will it take Lotto to get a major win this season?

Any takers??

Pretty simple question. How long will it take this season before Lotto gets a major win? I'm talking big events ie. Protour or HC races. IIRC last season it was at Settimana Coppi Bartali they finally got a win and that is only a 2.1 race. It was the Giro(?) before they got a proper major victory.

Also while your at it:

Where will it come? and

Who will take the win?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
El Imbatido said:
Any takers??

Pretty simple question. How long will it take this season before Lotto gets a major win? I'm talking big events ie. Protour or HC races. IIRC last season it was at Settimana Coppi Bartali they finally got a win and that is only a 2.1 race. It was the Giro(?) before they got a proper major victory.

Also while your at it:

Where will it come? and

Who will take the win?

Kuurne is a big race for them, Lowik is going to win that one :D

Otherwise Gilbert in Sanremo.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
Very possible. Might as well come from Arvermaet

In which case Lotto will have to wait until april.
Leif Hoste may as well do it in de ronde, but of course he will end up second, we all know that.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
In which case Lotto will have to wait until april.

Before that is het Volk, Kuurne, Dwars door Vlaanderen, E3 Prijs, Gent - Wevelgem and the 3 daagse De Panne.
Maybe not all Pro-Tour, but way more important to Lotto than most 'bigger' races.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
Before that is het Volk, Kuurne, Dwars door Vlaanderen, E3 Prijs, Gent - Wevelgem and the 3 daagse De Panne.
Maybe not all Pro-Tour, but way more important to Lotto than most 'bigger' races.

I know. Lotto will have a strong campaign in those races, however I don't think the original question refers to them as "big" races, though I personally find them to be thrilling.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Bike Boy said:
I know. Lotto will have a strong campaign in those races, however I don't think the original question refers to them as "big" races, though I personally find them to be thrilling.

They are big races in this case because Lotto thinks of them as big races. You can give a Pro-Tour slot to the Tour of Poland, but that doesn't make it more important than De Panne.

If Lotto doesn't win any these races, a stage win in Basque country or Romandie or something like that isn't gonna do them any good.

Sep 2, 2009
Visit site
ak-zaaf said:
They are big races in this case because Lotto thinks of them as big races. You can give a Pro-Tour slot to the Tour of Poland, but that doesn't make it more important than De Panne.

If Lotto doesn't win any these races, a stage win in Basque country or Romandie or something like that isn't gonna do them any good.

Which I'm fully aware of.

TRENDING THREADS