• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How many positives will we have at the Tour?

How many riders will test positive at the Tour?

• +5

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
None..or at least no one of any significance. The ASO and the UCI are determined that there be no doping scandals. They will do what they can to warn the riders not to use anything that the AFLD can detect.

Part of the agreement for Armstrong's return was that a leash be put on the people fighting doping. In some cases those people were simply fired from their jobs. The fix is in.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Recent comments have indicated that crit should fall over the length of the tour, hence biological passports should find those who stay high and ban them...I'm willing to bet noone gets done this way. Noone in the top ten will go, 3 small fry will get done, anything else will suggest a head in the sand attitude to doping and the UCI can't claim everyone is clean yet.

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
just a theory, can anyone see someone from katusha or lampre going down, the uci pulling their pro tour license and handing it over to a newly formed nike livestrong squad.

39*23t said:
just a theory, can anyone see someone from katusha or lampre going down, the uci pulling their pro tour license and handing it over to a newly formed nike livestrong squad.

katusha seems likely:D after colom and pfannberger,a third one would kill them for sure.
i think they'll leave cycling anyway if this happens,there will be no need for the uci to pull their license

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
3. And I will name them because I am that badass.

V. Efimkin
Botcharov
Kreuziger

That will be the end of Katusha if one of their guys were to get popped. Those were complete guesses by the way I have no more suspicions against those 3 then the rest of the peloton. I guess I just think a foreign rider on a french team will be busted, an old timer who has always been an average rider, and one big fish.

Shouldn't speculate like this really.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
Recent comments have indicated that crit should fall over the length of the tour, hence biological passports should find those who stay high and ban them...I'm willing to bet noone gets done this way. Noone in the top ten will go, 3 small fry will get done, anything else will suggest a head in the sand attitude to doping and the UCI can't claim everyone is clean yet.

DE-HY-DR-ATION!! I need some IV saline refill and some lactate ringer.

:cool:

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
39*23t said:

ouch...I'd stop watching at all..not that cycling is ever on TV. LOL

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
IMHO, UCI & ASO will do everything they can to avoid a scandal this year. Their position on Boonen and Valverde shows that quite clearly.
Maybe 2-3 poor sods will get caught, but no big names.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BigBoat said:
DE-HY-DR-ATION!! I need some IV saline refill and some lactate ringer.

:cool:

check as a straight after the stage before saline can be a factor, % will be higher because of dehydration, but it will still drop over the course of the tour if it doesn't...gone.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
karlboss said:
check as a straight after the stage before saline can be a factor, % will be higher because of dehydration, but it will still drop over the course of the tour if it doesn't...gone.

No, no! I'm sick and dehyrated... I need to get to the motor home pronto... For some regular saline and Albumin... And to train off some into a nice big blood bag and pop it in the fridge for tommorow... :)

UCI code: "For samples collected for inclusion in the rider’s biological passport, at least two hours must have elapsed since training or competing before venipuncture can begin."

http://www.uci.ch/Modules/BUILTIN/g...bjTypeCode=FILE&type=FILE&id=NDA3MTY&LangId=1

A

Anonymous

None. The new message is that the UCI are on the case and cycling has entered a new era. Nothing to see here, move along.

For the looks of the 5 dopers recently five, call me crazy but UCI wants to make sure their passport works, therefore we will see a bunch of dopers caught but not a big fish, sort of like saying " you see it works" but the sacrifial lambs will be unknowns with no $$$ power nor $$$ to protest like a big fish would do. or maybe just 1 semi big fish a la schlek or a la Italian middle tier climber.

Just remember who called it first.

A

Anonymous

gatete said:
For the looks of the 5 dopers recently five, call me crazy but UCI wants to make sure their passport works, therefore we will see a bunch of dopers caught but not a big fish, sort of like saying " you see it works" but the sacrifial lambs will be unknowns with no $$$ power nor $$$ to protest like a big fish would do. or maybe just 1 semi big fish a la schlek or a la Italian middle tier climber.

Just remember who called it first.

why? it wasnt you.. :p

Apr 2, 2009
Visit site
I'm going out on limb here and saying NONE , the UCi and ASO are collecting their monies as we post and will be going to the bank--no dopers caught this year!!

2006 we had Landis get kicked out, 2007 it was Vinokourov and 2008 it was Kohl. All people who were big names or ended up placing highly. So, based on recent history the tour isnt completely afraid of kicking out big names.

A lot of the positives last year were from the CERA test so unless the new test the French have is something substantial then i think we will only see a few positives, mostly by people trying to sneak in a good performance without getting tested like Duenas Nevado and Fofonov might have done.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
I think the AFLD gets someone...maybe not a big name this year but someone...

On a side note, their announcement of a new test in time for the Tour has had the right effect and deterred somebody...I hope.

Frosty said:
2006 we had Landis get kicked out, 2007 it was Vinokourov and 2008 it was Kohl. All people who were big names or ended up placing highly. So, based on recent history the tour isnt completely afraid of kicking out big names.

That was before the family that owns the TdF fired the people at the top of the ASO who believed in fighting doping.

TRENDING THREADS