• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How many races will Philippe Gilbert win in the rainbow jersey?

How many races will Philippe Gilbert win in the rainbow jersey?

• Less than the women's world champion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Curse of the rainbow jersey? His best results this year are a second place in the Brabantse Pijl and a stage of Paris-Nice.

I know there's a dedicated Philippe Gilbert thread but I wanted to do a poll.

Note: Post-tour criteriums don't count.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
The last option is the only one you can be sure of. :D

But I don't really care for Gilbert, he's just shown himself to lack work ethic during the winter, quite the opposite of what brought him all his successes of earlier years.

I voted '1' but I'm struggling to see where it will come. He was well off the pace most of last season, got his Vuelta break win and carried form into the Worlds. This year he still looks off the pace, even though we are right in the middle of his 'on the record' target week.

Likely, as suggested above, he'll get into breaks during the Tour or Vuelta and bag a stage or two that way.

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I voted 4. He'll probably pick up some stages in races like the Tour of Belgium, Vuelta, and maybe even today. Still, the guy has been somewhat of a disapointment after 2011, where he was virtually unbeatable. Never thought he would become lazy and contend so quickly after that season (while he 'only' had his breakthrough at age 26).