• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How weak is Horner?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

MacRoadie said:
I dunno man. 1,100 miles is sill a LONG haul no matter what. That's LA to Vancouver or New York to Miami.

I'd have a SERIOUS problem contemplating that kinda drive...

it was 1250 KILOMETERS not miles, and that is something I could do with a nick in my femoral artery and still make alive.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
it was 1250 KILOMETERS not miles, and that is something I could do with a nick in my femoral artery and still make alive.
According to the article it was 1800K, which comes out to around 1100 miles. That's a pretty long haul.

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I think the issue was some of them thought it was a 24 hour thing that would quickly pass so skipped the one race. Now they realise this is not the case there are no riders not willing to travel long distances.

I don't think professional long distance cyclists are wimps when it comes to putting up with uncomfortably long journeys.

A

Anonymous

The_Z_man said:
According to the article it was 1800K, which comes out to around 1100 miles. That's a pretty long haul.

According to the rules of the physical world, Girona is just over 1250 miles by car from Maastricht. Now, I guess if you decided to take the scenic route, you might be able to add to that, but I would suggest there were better times for that.

A

Anonymous

The_Z_man said:

My bad, I thought he was talking about Girona. I stand corrected.

ferryman said:
and he didn't even go 50/50 on the gas money. man, tight and weak;)

A12656A%20Lt%20&%20Dk.jpg

TRENDING THREADS