• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Howman: More money in doping than heroin

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Millard Baker said:
Hi Dave,

Just a note: Catlin was/is aware of my website. I posted comments on his blog article and he deleted them without a response.

I hope my blog can provide a perspective not often found in today's journalism. I never pretend to be a journalist - blogging is one thing, journalism is another thing entirely. Unfortunately, when it comes to the issue of anabolic steroids, I think real journalists are failing in their coverage.

As far as the sincerity of my offer to help, I did post clear steps in the comments section of the article intended to help websites selectively remove ads from google adsense.

Millard
Honestly - are you suprised?

He may have done what I did and read your bio that you provided which appears to condone and sell steroids.

Dr. Maserati said:
Honestly - are you suprised?

He may have done what I did and read your bio that you provided which appears to condone and sell steroids.

Is this the bio in question? Really, so you think one can't discuss non-medical use of AAS without actually selling them?

Millard Baker is the founder and editor of MESO-Rx, a website that provides information on the medical and non-medical uses of anabolic-androgenic steroids. He also writes about anabolic steroids and performance enhancing drugs and their use and impact in sport and society.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Millard Baker said:
Is this the bio in question? Really, so you think one can't discuss non-medical use of AAS without actually selling them?

You are entitled to sell whatever you want. (I didn't check the website so I have no idea if it is legal or not.)

But I don't see why Catlin would engage with it and by extension yourself..

Dr. Maserati said:
You are entitled to sell whatever you want. (I didn't check the website so I have no idea if it is legal or not.)

I do not sell and have never sold steroids.

The irony of it all is that you think the man with links selling steroids (Catlin) doesn't want to be associated with me.

I think Catlin did listen to me, even if he deleted my comments, as he promptly removed the steroid ads from his website within 72 hours of my article.

FWIW, I think Catlin and those involved in anti-doping could benefit by listening to their critics.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Millard Baker said:
I do not sell and have never sold steroids.

The irony of it all is that you think the man with links selling steroids on his website (Catlin) doesn't want to be associated with me.

I think Catlin did listen to me, even if he deleted my comments, as he promptly removed the steroid ads from his website within 72 hours of my article.

FWIW, I think Catlin and those involved in anti-doping could benefit by listening to their critics.

Catlin was not selling steroids on his site - google ads had adverts on his site for various PEDs, which is certainly not the same thing.
It seems that issue has been addressed.

Your bio says you are the editor and founder of the site.
On the site homepage it says the site is:
.. the most credible source for information about anabolic steroids. The top steroid experts answer your questions about the real world use of steroids in bodybuilding to enhance muscle size and strength in the "Anabolic Steroid Forum"; the top medical experts in testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) answer your questions about the use of anabolic steroids to optimize health in the "Men's Health Forum."
...is your site actually sponsored by a drug distributor?

Dr. Maserati said:
Catlin was not selling steroids on his site - google ads had adverts on his site for various PEDs, which is certainly not the same thing.
It seems that issue has been addressed.

Your bio says you are the editor and founder of the site.
On the site homepage it says the site is:
...is your site actually sponsored by a drug distributor?

Again, I ask you: do you think one can't discuss non-medical use of AAS without actually selling them?

I apologize in advance for being engaged by your personal attacks but I want to make it clear:

I do NOT condone or support the illegal sale or distribution of anabolic steroids.

A pharmaceutical company does advertise on one of my websites but they did not sell any PEDs on the advertised site nor do they condone the illegal use of PEDs.

I'm flattered that you want to talk about ME but perhaps it is advisable to stick to discussing and debating the actual issues rather than ad hominem arguments.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Millard Baker said:
Again, I ask you: do you think one can't discuss non-medical use of AAS without actually selling them?

I apologize in advance for being engaged by your personal attacks but I want to make it clear:

I do NOT condone or support the illegal sale or distribution of anabolic steroids.

A pharmaceutical company does advertise on one of my websites but they did not sell any PEDs on the advertised site nor do they condone the illegal use of PEDs.

I'm flattered that you want to talk about ME but perhaps it is advisable to stick to discussing and debating the actual issues rather than ad hominem arguments.
Hold on - you posted your name, you linked the website that you founded and edit - you appear to be the one who wants to talk about you -I do not want to talk about you.

However I will show that you were quite wrong to say that Catlin sold PEDs on his site and suggest why Catlin might removed your posts.

I already answered your question:
Dr. Maserati said:

Dr. Maserati said:
Hold on - you posted your name, you linked the website that you founded and edit - you appear to be the one who wants to talk about you -I do not want to talk about you.

However I will show that you were quite wrong to say that Catlin sold PEDs on his site and suggest why Catlin might removed your posts.

I already answered your question:

Regarding Catlin selling steroids on his site AND Catlin advertising steroids for sale on his site, I agree that that is an important distinction.

If you notice, my article tried to remain as consistent to the article structure/formatting used by Catlin to attack Amazon.com.

Catlin wasn't particularly careful in making that distinction when it came to Amazon.com.

By using Catlin's structure/formatting to attack his own hypocrisy, I was also pointing out the unfairness of his attack on Amazon.com

So, yes we are in agreement.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Millard Baker said:
Regarding Catlin selling steroids on his site AND Catlin advertising steroids for sale on his site, I agree that that is an important distinction.

If you notice, my article tried to remain as consistent to the article structure/formatting used by Catlin to attack Amazon.com.

Catlin wasn't particularly careful in making that distinction when it came to Amazon.com.

By using Catlin's structure/formatting to attack his own hypocrisy, I was also pointing out the unfairness of his attack on Amazon.com

So, yes we are in agreement.

Quite simply no - google generated the adds for Catlin, while Amazon had accepted ads for those products.

Dr. Maserati said:
Quite simply no - google generated the adds for Catlin, while Amazon had accepted ads for those products.

That's not true. Amazon.com was likely no more aware of the steroidal products sold by third-party vendors than Catlin was aware of the google-generated steroid ads. Of course, we can never really be sure what Amazon or Catlin was aware and when they were aware of it.

The Amazon Marketplace is for third-party vendors to sell merchandise.

Amazon.com had to monitor several hundred user-submitted products at the very least (or "a million other products on sale on Amazon" according to Oliver Catlin).

Catlin had to monitor less than a handful of google-generated ads.

If Catlin wanted to hold Amazon to such a high-standard, he should abide by an equal high standard if not the lesser standard that would have been required of him to filter the google ads.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Millard Baker said:
That's not true. Amazon.com was likely no more aware of the steroidal products sold by third-party vendors than Catlin was aware of the google-generated steroid ads. Of course, we can never really be sure what Amazon or Catlin was aware and when they were aware of it.

The Amazon Marketplace is for third-party vendors to sell merchandise.

Amazon.com had to monitor several hundred user-submitted products at the very least (or "a million other products on sale on Amazon" according to Oliver Catlin).

Catlin had to monitor less than a handful of google-generated ads.

If Catlin wanted to hold Amazon to such a high-standard, he should abide by an equal high standard if not the lesser standard that would have been required of him to filter the google ads.

Again no - Caitlin accepted google ads, it is google who generated the ads.
Amazon accepted the ads.

Caitlin quickly had the ads removed - as did Amazon.

Dr. Maserati said:
Again no - Caitlin accepted google ads, it is google who generated the ads.
Amazon accepted the ads.

Caitlin quickly had the ads removed - as did Amazon.

Where did you get the information that Amazon had "ads". Catlin's criticism of Amazon wasn't about "ads". It was about third-party merchants who signed up for Amazon Marketplace and sold products via this service.

Amazon.com accepted Marketplace Merchants - it is the Marketplace Merchants who generated the steroid products listings.

Catlin accepted Google Ads - it is Google who generated the ads.

The situation is exceedingly similar between Amazon and Catlin. Why are you so intent on defending Catlin?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Millard Baker said:
Where did you get the information that Amazon had "ads". Catlin's criticism of Amazon wasn't about "ads". It was about third-party merchants who signed up for Amazon Marketplace and sold products via this service.

Amazon.com accepted Marketplace Merchants - it is the Marketplace Merchants who generated the steroid products listings.

Catlin accepted Google Ads - it is Google who generated the ads.

The situation is exceedingly similar between Amazon and Catlin. Why are you so intent on defending Catlin?

Easy - because you are trying to misrepresent what he did.
Millard Baker said:
The irony of it all is that you think the man with links selling steroids (Catlin) doesn't want to be associated with me.

Amazon are in the business of selling advertising - part of that was accepting companies who advertised PEDs.
That is not the case with Caitlin.

TRENDING THREADS