• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

How's the body feeling after a Cobbled Classics?

Apr 18, 2016
Visit site
Hey Guys and Girls.

Just a question out of interest really.

How do each of you rest up, recover after riding one of the Cobble classic challenges, or any of the Spring challenges for that matter? Maybe not at all....

Maybe it's psychological. Now knowing I don't require training 3/4 times a week, on the trainer and outdoors, fending off the driving rain... My mind and body are at rest but still feel exhausted.

Anybody else feeling this?
Or how do you feel after a block of training, riding the event and then...... what comes next?

In previous years i've just put the bike down for 2-3 weeks and then jumped back on fine. This year though, putting so much time and effort into preparation that, naturally, I'm eager to keep this going on through to the summer.

What do you think?

Appreciate any replies. Have a great day.

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I don't know exactly which classic you're referring to, but I rode Paris-Roubaix Challenge once and it was my wrists that were destroyed. The rest of my body, including my leg muscles, came out relatively unscathed.

Re:

PhoebeFranklin said:
Hi, I would like to share my points here.Whilst you are education for the cobbles it's miles crucial to include a few high resistance, low beat intervals to your coaching. Using in a massive gear offers you the power to hit the cobbles with better pace. The elevated the rate the at a great distance you get earlier than it starts off evolved hurting! In a vast gear it's miles simpler to hold it rolling. Decrease cadence and harder gears additionally assist to drag you down into the saddle and inspire a robust solid function. high cadence, mild pedaling can allow you to bounce extra inside the hamper.
??