• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I have not visited cycling news today..

A

Anonymous

DAY ONE 15/06/09: Visited the site breifly and then left.. didnt read a single article

DAY TWO 16/06/09: Second day without visiting cycling news
(thats not including the two visits purely to get screen grabs)

and im coping.. today i found what i needed to on velonews...

Where shall i go tommoro

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
DAY ONE 15/06/09: Visited the site breifly and then left.. didnt read a single article

DAY TWO 16/06/09: Second day without visiting cycling news
(thats not including the two visits purely to get screen grabs)

and im coping.. today i found what i needed to on velonews...

Where shall i go tommoro

I am going through major withdraw:(

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Well you're on to something. The less clicks the more we will be heard as they will get less revenue. Continue to NOT CLICK!

If they won't listen to our complaints then they can listen to the sound of less money coming in, through NO CLICKS!

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
ElChingon said:
Well you're on to something. The less clicks the more we will be heard as they will get less revenue. Continue to NOT CLICK!

If they won't listen to our complaints then they can listen to the sound of less money coming in, through NO CLICKS!

We are listening. But you are right, traffic matters. Although your clicks in the forum counts, too :)

A

Anonymous

stop harassing my thread people.. this is my own personal diary of non visiting..

tut tut

dmcalpin

BANNED
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Best Page on CyclingNews - Watch them get Flamed

The only page I visit now is the "New site design" forum to see a bunch of IT IDIOTS defend the garbage they call News and Results.

Typical IT - no idea what the user wants but "IT LOOKS COOL"

A

Anonymous

i go to the forum to read up on the latest drug news and read the live race report thread

Mar 23, 2009
Visit site
dmcalpin said:
The only page I visit now is the "New site design" forum to see a bunch of IT IDIOTS defend the garbage they call News and Results.

Typical IT - no idea what the user wants but "IT LOOKS COOL"

The 'IT IDIOTS' are concerned with functionality and availability. The look of a website is drawn up by usability, commercial and design concerns. Us IT IDIOTS only build what we get told to build, and to make sure that you can see it all over the world, any time.

For free.

Best wishes,

Chief IT IDIOT.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
We are listening. But you are right, traffic matters. Although your clicks in the forum counts, too

Stefan, you come off sounding like an ***. With this information, I shall not even visit the forum to complain if my TOTAL silence is required to send the appropriate message.

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
The look of a website is drawn up by usability, commercial and design concerns
Usability and "consumeability" should be the primary drivers for the redesign of a website. Clearly you guys missed that part. The PC/Mac experience has been reduced and the mobile experience, well, you guys really missed that boat.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
stefan said:
The 'IT IDIOTS' are concerned with functionality and availability. The look of a website is drawn up by usability, commercial and design concerns. Us IT IDIOTS only build what we get told to build, and to make sure that you can see it all over the world, any time.

For free.

Best wishes,

Chief IT IDIOT.

Well then you can always sneak in code to the old format assuming you are an IT person, then gain fame and fortune at out doing what the people who don't, possibly branching out to a site people will actually visit? Assuming you like getting paid because the next phase is going to get dirty for the CN folks and if they don't get paid, well I think they'll bump you off first.

May 22, 2009
Visit site
Ugghh!

My first reaction to the new site was ugghh. Nothing was familiar. Sure the old site looked completely cluttered with text and was un-navigable until you had been on it for three or four months - but sort of like riding a horrible corner in a crit - once you actually learn to do it, you come to like it. I think they recognized the truth - the old version sucked - just cuz I knew how to use it didn't make it good.

After only a couple days I can find what I want way faster. The results don't require me to scroll for pages and pages, and I can navigate to photos in less than a quarter of the time.

kudos to cyclingnews - I'll keep the home page here.
Thanks

Derry Walsh said:
Usability and "consumeability" should be the primary drivers for the redesign of a website. Clearly you guys missed that part. The PC/Mac experience has been reduced and the mobile experience, well, you guys really missed that boat.

Actually I think the first concern should have been a firm understanding of their brand, what makes them different from other similar sites, and why their current consumers are drawn to their site. The lemming defense (that the new changes are like other sites) is not reassuring.

Rolling out the new site, as buggy as it is, a couple of weeks before the TdF looks like a bit of a blunder. I am sure at the beginning of the project they probably had a goal of going live before the TdF, but it seems like letting D-Day slip to August might have been a good change in plans.

A

Anonymous

DAY 3: 17th June: And ive not visited at all today, not even to grab a screenshot to moan about...

Have some other cycling sites to take a look at though.. thats keeping me amused

A

Anonymous

Day 4: 18th June - not visited again...

Still up to date on the cycling news, velo and the forum have there uses.. :D

A

Anonymous

Day 5: I have breifly relented.. visited long enough to click on the rss feed for the news... but thats all so far.. ;) And i had a quick look at the live page late last night and bookmarked it

A

Anonymous

Day 6: Not visited again today.. :D

Ive managed almost a week, an apart from a couple of screen shots, and clicking the rss feed ive not had to look at it..
its amazing what other stuff there is out there.. :D

Biting the hand that feeds

Dear Chief IT Idiot,

so we look at this site for free? As was pointed out, our clicks provide user statistics, that bring advertising to pay this sites staff wages.

What I see here today is your hardcore user base being isolated and threatening to go elswhere in there droves. What I don't see is many people on the site shouting their applause for a job well done.

I would suggest listening to the hand that feeds you and not biting it, after all, the sites future belongs to that hand and the mouse it controls.

A

Anonymous

And another day.. been out all day today on the bike so another CN free day...

May 21, 2009
Visit site
sorry, but no...

lawman42 said:
My first reaction to the new site was ugghh. Nothing was familiar. Sure the old site looked completely cluttered with text and was un-navigable until you had been on it for three or four months - but sort of like riding a horrible corner in a crit - once you actually learn to do it, you come to like it. I think they recognized the truth - the old version sucked - just cuz I knew how to use it didn't make it good.

After only a couple days I can find what I want way faster. The results don't require me to scroll for pages and pages, and I can navigate to photos in less than a quarter of the time.

kudos to cyclingnews - I'll keep the home page here.
Thanks

IT Astroturfing...

A

Anonymous

Day: Im Not Sure - Well i havnt been here since the first day of the new site.. if fact ive been here so not today that i even almost forgot to come and post that i havnt in fact been here today.. :eek:

Day Whatever it is.. June 23rd... Well i had sucesfully not visited CN since the new look but ive just been duped into not only visiting the home page, but also clicking on a link on the flash box, cos i wanted the pleasure of seeing a 404 error, only to my dissapointment to discover that they have fixed it.. :(

does that count..?

TRENDING THREADS