• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I thought all Colombians are clean

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
It seems to me you guys are arguing for no reason, because your positions are not actually incompatible.

Berzin says cocaine use is a problem in Colombia. What hfer is effectively saying is that Colombia does not have more of a cocaine use problem than your average country, not that there's virtually no junkies in Colombia.

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Martin318is said:
oops you are of course quite correct. Humour travelling faster than my brain (its after midnight here - poor excuse)

Sevilla may not be Spainish for long.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sevilla-to-ride-for-colombia

Why the clean Columbians would want an aging doper to rider for them with all the talent they have is another question. If I was Columbia I would be picking Uran, Duarte, Betancur, Henao and perhaps even Quintana or other youngesters for the team not Sevilla even if he was available.

coldeportes

BANNED
Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Martin318is said:
My wife is also COLOMBIAN, also from Bogota and in fact has been back there with our two daughters visiting her parents and other relatives around the country since August - I'm heading back over soon. Her family is the source of my comments from my past visits and they entirely match the attitude that hfer07 expressed.

white%252520flag.jpg
+ 1

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
Luke Schmid said:
Sevilla may not be Spainish for long.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/sevilla-to-ride-for-colombia

Why the clean Columbians would want an aging doper to rider for them with all the talent they have is another question. If I was Columbia I would be picking Uran, Duarte, Betancur, Henao and perhaps even Quintana or other youngesters for the team not Sevilla even if he was available.

My guess is related to the new system which makes points from each Continent UCI ranking; more points, more riders to be brought to the Worlds.
Could it be?

Mar 20, 2009
Visit site
am i mistaken or wasnt there a colombian race/tour that most of the field were busted for drugs some years back?
lol exaggeration.. vuelta colombia 2008(?) 6 riders