• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ian Stannard Thread

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
The late Belgian classics, Bruexlles, Paris Tours.. will be good for him to try late attacks,and if it rains even a win :D

I honestly think he'll be praying for a raining PAris Roubai in next few years a lot.

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
Ian Stannard, THE LEGEND!

Quick step were *** but you still have to do it!!!! What a ride

If he already has a thread then my bad

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Well, Stannard was the oldest and most experienced rider of the bunch.

In all seriousness, this guy looks like he's 45 years old.

QS ****ed up big time lol. Boonen is past it, time to retire soon.

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
staubsauger said:
How can you not adore him? He surely must be one of the toughest cyclists out there. Pure workhorse. Great to see that he finally confirms his winning potential with this back to back victory! Should be leader at Roubaix imho!

Agree on that. F..k Wiggins, Stannard is the man!

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Wiggins played his part in Stannard's win, put in some big turns closing down the breakaway.

Amazing win by Stannard, firstly it wasn't freezing cold and ****ing with rain, second he was completely outnumbered and seemingly outmuscled. The threat of Vanmarcke behind must have sh@t the EQS boys up, they essentially have Stannard a train to ride all the way to the end. And at the end Boonen and. Vandenbergh were more worried about Terpstra than Stannard, and Stannard just them get in each other's way and somehow, inexplicably came up with a win. Talk about snatching a defeat from the jaws of victory for EQS, and the opposite for Stannard.

And ***k me what a race

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
This was hilarious:D
"Stannard did what he had to do. Then again, I think that a rider from his calibre from that team should share the work until the gap was 40 seconds. He played it hard but tomorrow or next week it?s another race, then we can play that game. Stannard was team leader today. A team leader that was on the wheels for 40 kilometres. A rider of his level, a team leader, doesn?t stay on the wheels for 40 kilometres," Lefevere said.

TRENDING THREADS