• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

I'd Love a CANYON bike.... if only I could buy one.

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Regarding the latest Cycling News bike review I'd love to buy a CANYON bike but they do not ship to Australia, New Zealand or USA. Reason: they cannot support these markets with the level of service Canyon customers expect. But is the real reason that distributorships are being set up in these regions? In case of Australia we would pay about $10k for a bike we could import direct from Germany or UK for $5k. Exactly the same bike. Why? I am not having a go at the poor bike shops but somewhere between the manufactures and the poor bike shop someone is making a packet of cash. For example I can import a Colnago EPS frameset from the UK for about $4k. If I walk into a shop here in Australia I have to pay $7k. Is a local warranty really worth $3k???? Any other thoughts from the forum?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Curious, I met a guy out on a ride the other day who had a canyon. Told me he even got the discount for having his racing license. I can't remember him saying that he needed to do somethin unusual to have it delivered.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I must admit the only Guy I have ever seen riding a Canyon, few years back. One day on Beach road, bloke with a Assos Cow top on...
... it was Cookie

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
adambarnes said:
so how can i buy a canyon frame when i live in australia then?

I have a freight forwarder in the US but they wont ship there either

You're Australian so you must have a relative working at a bar in the UK. Just order the bike to their mail address and get them to send it to Oz. Simples.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
stiffness to weight you would be better served on a scott cervelo or specialized anyways. the canyons are nice looking bikes.

According to tour magazin, the canyon has the same stiffness to weight as the scott and higher than the cervelo at a lower price. Actually you can still build a canyon up to be under 6.8 without going nuts and it is stiffer than the scott, by about 15%, when measuring in newtons per degree at the bottom bracket. The height of the headtube puts me off.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Go hang out at the Omega Pharma Lotto Service Course at the end of the season when they sell off this year's bikes. Between 2-3k Euro will get you a Canyon with Campagnolo Super Record. Sure it might be second hand, but it will do.

Mar 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi all,

I'll hopefully have some more concrete information on worldwide distribution of Canyon bikes in a few days. Will let you all know as soon as I hear something.

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
craig1985 said:
Go hang out at the Omega Pharma Lotto Service Course at the end of the season when they sell off this year's bikes. Between 2-3k Euro will get you a Canyon with Campagnolo Super Record. Sure it might be second hand, but it will do.

and make sure you don't buy their first bike but their reserve, cause else your bike might be ****ed up ....

TRENDING THREADS