• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

If a cyclist did this, how long would his suspension be.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mambo95 said:
That's because we've been to football matches and heard the abuse for ourselves. Some of it makes the Sol Campbell song seem like a nursery rhyme.

Should they take any abuse for their pay packet? Monkey noises and bananas aimed at black players, Auchwitz songs to Jewish players etc, etc. What wage makes these tolerable? What about coins, flares and other missiles being thrown. Is £20,000 a week enough? Or is it only OK to those on double that. If the ball had hit the hand of a millionaire, would that make it more acceptable than if it hit a street cleaner?

Wow, coins thrown at them. talk about taking the extreme as the norm. I heard some guy once killed one of those air traffic controllers. Does that mean all air traffic controllers live in constant fear?

And yes a certain wage does make it worthwhile. As do the other perks. Its part of the job. If its so horrible to hear someone shout something at you once in a while, they can leave. Most people actually have to go through far more **** in their jobs. Soldiers get shot for 20 grand a year. And Im supposed to weep that Messi gets called a midget or whatever.

Cry me a river.

Its not like footballers are the only ones getting abbuse shouted at them in life. Everyone gets that in life. Its part of life. For most people its part of the work place as well. You will find that several other proffessions such as policemen get more **** from people in a day than these poor footballers get in their lives.

Because if it was an accident then there's no issue other than you not earning enough not to be offended.

You sure do like telling me what i think. According to you my opinions on doping are motivated by a need to feed my ego and now a simple social stance against the rich poor divide is actually motivated by jealousy.

tell you what nostrodamus. if you can tell me what my name is Ill give your attempts at internet Psychiatry a second look.

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
And yes a certain wage does make it worthwhile. As do the other perks. Its part of the job. If its so horrible to hear someone shout something at you once in a while, they can leave. Most people actually have to go through far more **** in their jobs. Soldiers get shot for 20 grand a year. And Im supposed to weep that Messi gets called a midget or whatever.

So let me get this straight. You think racist abuse is OK as long as the target is rich? But kicking a football at someone is a heinous crime?

How about this - it has also happened: A player with a daughter who has leukaemia having people shout at him "I hope your daughter f***ing dies". How much money makes that tolerable? Go on, put a figure on it.
How about the infamous Munich song sung at Bobby Charlton? Is the pay packet for that more or less.

What about the threats that Neil Lennon has endured over the years. Is it OK because he's a millionaire?

Yet on a thread in another section you're complaining how you're scared of kids shouting at you when you're cycling.

Mambo95 said:
So let me get this straight. You think racist abuse is OK as long as the target is rich? But kicking a football at someone is a heinous crime?

Reported (accusing me of racism because, well god knows why actually).

I had some more written pointing out to you that getting abuse thrown at them is part of the deal for your heroes- money comes from highly excited fans. If you didnt have fans, but if you constantly claim to read my mind and accuse me of racism with no basis, theres no point.

Either way hrotha nailed it. If it was an accident why didnt he apologise?

Anything to pardon ones hereos though.

Anything.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Reported (accusing me of racism because, well god knows why actually).

He didn't Hitch, he took your post to mean that you were seemingly suggesting that "they" should just take any abuse, since they are paid well. If you include racist abuse in that, and someone asks if you are saying they should just take that as part of th job and/or pay, that's not the same as calling you a racist, or suggesting you said something racist.

So I think your discussion can actually continue along the lines of the rest of your response, as that is what you are both talking about, and taking, seemingly, different positions on:

I had some more written pointing out to you that getting abuse thrown at them is part of the deal for your heroes- money comes from highly excited fans. If you didnt have fans, but if you constantly claim to read my mind and accuse me of racism with no basis, theres no point.

Either way hrotha nailed it. If it was an accident why didnt he apologise?

Anything to pardon ones hereos though.

Anything.

Francois the Postman said:
He didn't Hitch, he took your post to mean that you were seemingly suggesting that "they" should just take any abuse, since they are paid well. If you include racist abuse in that, and someone asks if you are saying they should just take that as part of th job and/or pay, that's not the same as calling you a racist, or suggesting you said something racist.

If I misunderstood that then I guess I should apologise for that.

It was still a unfair remark though as I never said I agreed with the abuse. Just because one doesnt feel sorry for the victim doesnt mean one condones the actions.

Either way, the attempts to defend Messis actions as an "accident" especially in light of hrothas remark to seem to reveal a tad bit of fanboyism. its like Tyler hamilton fans saying arguing the positive came from the twin.