• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

If Andy used Shimano, he would have won the TdF.

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
True story from the OP.

At the very least I hope the mechanic who works on Andy's bike is thrown off the Tourmalet... and then sacked.

Haters_gonna_hate.jpg

Barrus

BANNED
Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The difference is that we then would have seen a completely different race in the final few days, perhaps even a different outcome to today's time trial, there are just too many variables to predict what would have happened

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone see his chain jump in the ITT today? At least it looked that way to mean.

That said, to the OP, SRAM worked fine for Astana and was 1-2-3 in last year's TDF.

They and Campy have also taught Shimano how a brake hood should be shaped. Old Shimano brake hoods were made for pymgys.

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Captain Serious said:
Ha! :D The bearing quality in some of their hubs and old pedals (toe-clip pedals) was right up there with the best ever, epspecially the pedals

2677824030_32fdeea0be.jpg

I recognize those pedals! Those are my old pedals! How'd you get a picture of them??? They're right over here on the shelf ---- rummage, rummage, ----- somewhere,

I thot I left them right here, - now where could they be?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Did anyone catch Phil's explanation of the chain incident on the last day of coverage.

Something about Andy dropping gears too fast while in his 38 at the same time he hit a bump in the road.......

Phil; you know how double tap works? right? Bump? Phil? are you there man?

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Schleck lacks shifting skills - not sure SRAM is to blame. SRAM doesn't seem to bother Cance or the other riders who use it.

TRENDING THREADS