• We're giving away a Cyclingnews water bottle! Find out more here!

If there was one clean rider...

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Tonton said:
Boardman probably doped, which raises a big flag for Wiggins. Beating a doper by 2K is suspicious to say the least. Rominger, we already know. :rolleyes: .

To answer the title of the thread, "if there was one clean rider"...I think today, Tibopino has to be in the discussion. In case you haven't read the entire study, it's pretty compelling. Which is why, aside from him being my hometown guy, I'm a fan of his. So (disclaimer), I may be biased. Note that Benotti69, whom we can label a hardcore anti-doping advocate, as well as many others, haven't whacked him (yet?). Now, I would like to see the data since the study. I have been burned before. And I keep coming back for more :eek: .

I fear that Thibaut will end up with 2, 3 podiums, no GT win, the best rider of his generation, and he'll have nothing major to show for.
Oh god, yeah. Wiggins, if you just laid out the results, power files, power to weight ratio, blood readings (from 2009), it's an obvious case of doping. Even on visual inspection alone Wiggins is a massive red flag.

I'd even throw in his demeanour after winning, schoolboy caught out cheating comes to mind.

At least be found out that the drugs do work :rolleyes:

thehog said:
Tonton said:
Boardman probably doped, which raises a big flag for Wiggins. Beating a doper by 2K is suspicious to say the least. Rominger, we already know. :rolleyes: .

To answer the title of the thread, "if there was one clean rider"...I think today, Tibopino has to be in the discussion. In case you haven't read the entire study, it's pretty compelling. Which is why, aside from him being my hometown guy, I'm a fan of his. So (disclaimer), I may be biased. Note that Benotti69, whom we can label a hardcore anti-doping advocate, as well as many others, haven't whacked him (yet?). Now, I would like to see the data since the study. I have been burned before. And I keep coming back for more :eek: .

I fear that Thibaut will end up with 2, 3 podiums, no GT win, the best rider of his generation, and he'll have nothing major to show for.
Oh god, yeah. Wiggins, if you just laid out the results, power files, power to weight ratio, blood readings (from 2009), it's an obvious case of doping. Even on visual inspection alone Wiggins is a massive red flag.

I'd even throw in his demeanour after winning, schoolboy caught out cheating comes to mind.

Which reminds me of The Verve and 'The Drugs Don't Work'. One of the most annoying songs ever ...

(off topic I know, but hey not that bad)

Feb 6, 2016
TheSpud said:
thehog said:
Tonton said:

Which reminds me of The Verve and 'The Drugs Don't Work'. One of the most annoying songs ever ...

(off topic I know, but hey not that bad)

An outstanding song! Okay, the last minute or so is...unnecessary, but the lyrics are brilliant.

Ashcroft wrote the song about his father, who was institutionalized with dementia, hence 'the drugs don't work'.

Wiggins just took drugs to lose weight, improved his power & endurance, the drugs worked.

"If there was one clean rider..."
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's not Scarponi.
See how he dropped pretty much everyone in sight save for Nibs and a few others in today's stage of the Giro?
I thought that guy was a footnote in cycling history until today.
He definitely pulled a Horner.
Awesome stuff.

Re:

the delgados said:
"If there was one clean rider..."
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest it's not Scarponi.
See how he dropped pretty much everyone in sight save for Nibs and a few others in today's stage of the Giro?
I thought that guy was a footnote in cycling history until today.
He definitely pulled a Horner.
Awesome stuff.
His proven connections to Fuentes and Ferrari also lead me to doubt that he is clean.

Jan 30, 2016
@sniper
That is an extract from an interview in Helden. Its one of those compulsary interviews when starting up a new cycling team that is clean. I don't know if you can read it without a blendle subscription.
https://blendle.com/i/helden/ik-dacht-de-gele-trui-komt-nog-wel-een-keer/bnl-helden-20150616-53202_ik_dacht_de_gele_trui_komt_nog_wel_een_keer

Breukink started flying uphil and in time trials after joining Panasonic as a young rider. Indeed he has a simmilar career descent like Lemond and Chiappucci. I would not be surprised if Panasonic was one of the early EPO teams.

Breukink remains a sheer miracle! He certainly took Epo at PDM chrome tapes and went off the juice after the “intralipid-affair“.

Anything else is up to one's speculation and only Breukink himself knows the real truth!

Oct 16, 2010
went off the full genius juice, toned it down, definitely.
I'd pay to learn more about his PED program pre- and post-intralipid.
it could be very informative.

@tienus: thanks, but no, can't read it.
anyway, crazy to think he was the last dutchman to wear yellow, in 1989.

Jan 30, 2016
I don't know if he toned it down. It could be just that other riders (Ferrari clients) where suddenly going much faster. That would explain the similar decline of Lemond, Breukink and Chiappucci.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M The Clinic 34