• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

If you were a Tour de France contender...

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
... What would you be doing right now, 6 months out, to "prepare" for the competition?

I remember reading the Manzano interview in Diario As and him saying something like 6 months prior to the Tour riders start taking stuff and extracting blood for later use (I presume he was talking about EPO and transfusion bags).

What else do you think they are doing right now?

Cheers.

ravens

BANNED
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
Working on base, weights, plyometrics.

Conducting press conference on how hgh enables athletes to extend their careers and recover faster without getting caught. How epo usage and blood storage is done to enhance performance. Outing my doctors, team(s) teammates, making plans for my next career, maybe signing a book deal. Discussing what is on the horizon for cheating and beating the cops.

Oncearunner8

BANNED
Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Señor_Contador said:
... What would you be doing right now, 6 months out, to "prepare" for the competition?

I remember reading the Manzano interview in Diario As and him saying something like 6 months prior to the Tour riders start taking stuff and extracting blood for later use (I presume he was talking about EPO and transfusion bags).

What else do you think they are doing right now?

Cheers.

Hanging out at the Beach! You should know that.

A

Anonymous

Losing LOTS of weight. I'm 6'3", 76kgs. I should be able to get that down to 58kgs by July. Then I can sprint up the mountains even though I only produce the power of a small, undernourished ant.

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
Once ive found the remote control & positioned the bag of mini Mars bars within arms reach I would exhale. Then put on the current Lamb of God CD & crack open a brewski. I would also soon forget where i left the bong.
Kilometres can wait till tomorrow.

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Hibbles said:
Losing LOTS of weight. I'm 6'3", 76kgs. I should be able to get that down to 58kgs by July. Then I can sprint up the mountains even though I only produce the power of a small, undernourished ant.

At the scale of an ant, hungry or not, you would be untouchable. Propably capable of producing 10,000 watts the entire stage!

TRENDING THREADS