• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

If you were Froome

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

If you were Chris Froome ?

• Super-Domestique at the Tour

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
El Pistolero said:
Just because someone is great in an ITT doesn't mean they're good at TTT. Chris Froome and Wiggins did a crappy TTT at the Vuelta this year for example.

Another pointless statement, a great TT will be great in a TTT but as it is a team then one person can't make a great team. So to say 'Froome and Wiggins did a crappy TTT' is pretty silly considering it is a team effort and not just 2 individuals.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
b.broadhurst said:
Point proven, compare the names and Sky come out on top and also this would never be a Tour squad, you're just naming QST best TT's.

Most of the guys you listed are already with Sky and Sky isn't dominating in TTT right now ;)

I'd rather have Martin, Grabsch and Peter Velits in my TTT team than Cavendish, Eisel and Porte.

b.broadhurst said:
Team Sky Tour 2012:

Wiggins
Froome
Thomas
Boasson Hagen
Uran
Porte
Eisel
Cavendish
Flecha

This squad would win every TTT.

Concerning Giro and Vuelta Squads they will be built around Sivtsov and Lofkvist.
What about Rogers? I assume he will be doing the TDF as long as he is healthy.

Wiggins, EBH, Thomas, Froome, Rogers, Porte...they won't even need the 3 extra riders.

maltiv said:
What about Rogers? I assume he will be doing the TDF as long as he is healthy.

Wiggins, EBH, Thomas, Froome, Rogers, Porte...they won't even need the 3 extra riders.

Rogers has said that he will focus on 1 week races now as he feels he can no longer compete in the grand tours.

El Pistolero said:
Most of the guys you listed are already with Sky and Sky isn't dominating in TTT right now ;)

I'd rather have Martin, Grabsch and Peter Velits in my TTT team than Cavendish, Eisel and Porte.

No team dominates TTT because the squads are never the same but if they were then Sky would win the majority.

You are comparing QST's best to Sky's new boys, I would prefer Wiggins, Froome and Porte to Boonen, Chavanal and Rabon

b.broadhurst said:
Rogers has said that he will focus on 1 week races now as he feels he can no longer compete in the grand tours.

That doesn't exclude him from taking part in the Tour as support and pursuing stage wins and more accurately his issue was not that he couldn't compete in the grand tours but specifically that he recognized he couldn't compete for the gc.

TRENDING THREADS