Il Piccolo Principe

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Honestly, to me he's the Lleyton Hewitt of cycling. Tremendous heights at a very young age, then very good for the next few years before fading away completely. The last years have just been sad to see him randomly pop up way down not knowing he was actually there. Hope he finds happiness in retirement.

Jun 30, 2014
Re:

Red Rick said:
Honestly, to me he's the Lleyton Hewitt of cycling. Tremendous heights at a very young age, then very good for the next few years before fading away completely. The last years have just been sad to see him randomly pop up way down not knowing he was actually there. Hope he finds happiness in retirement.
Hard to believe that he still dfinished 4th in Strade Bianche in 2014 and 5th on gc in Trentino in 2015.
After 2012 his decline started, he still had a few decent years, but he probably should have retired after the 2016 season.

Re: Re:

Mayomaniac said:
Red Rick said:
Hard to believe that he still dfinished 4th in Strade Bianche in 2014 and 5th on gc in Trentino in 2015.
After 2012 his decline started, he still had a few decent years, but he probably should have retired after the 2016 season.
Yeah the last 2 years have been sad. 2016 was still acceptable with fighting for the KOM at the Giro

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
will be present with Pippo Pozzato at the Italian Nationals
:)

However:
«Seeing that I am no longer competitive and I'll put myself at the service of Marco Canola
And that, to me, is the mark of a true star. Someone who recognises when their time is over and are willing to ride for others, rather than insisting on being a protected rider simply because "I'm a big name!"

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
TourOfSardinia said:
will be present with Pippo Pozzato at the Italian Nationals
:)

However:
«Seeing that I am no longer competitive and I'll put myself at the service of Marco Canola
And that, to me, is the mark of a true star. Someone who recognises when their time is over and are willing to ride for others, rather than insisting on being a protected rider simply because "I'm a big name!"
I’ve always respected Cunego’s modesty. Seems a genuinely likeable person.

ASK THE COMMUNITY