• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interview w/ Chris Horner

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
I sense a bit of anti American vibe in this thread.

some unreasonable replies to what one might argue is a reasonable change of opinion given the environment and place in time

some of you just want an american to fail

Oct 26, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:
I sense a bit of anti American vibe in this thread.

some unreasonable replies to what one might argue is a reasonable change of opinion given the environment and place in time

some of you just want an american to fail

Anti-American vibe? Come on. I'd love to see some great American cyclist who is kicking *** in the peleton. Right now, we are being spoon fed a bunch of guys whose best years are behind them--excluding TF and TJ.

fatandfast said:
so 17,18 and 19 year olds should say I can't ride with this squad because once a doper rode among the ranks. What one says at 20, 30, with or without kids must be followed no matter what new info is revealed. Horner has seen the inside and has different views about the people and the process because of it

So he now sees that it was simply superior training, preparation, reconnaisance, and tactics that made the difference?

Libertine Seguros said:
What they mean by the NASCAR style of racing is that the commissaires will wave a yellow flag and a 'safety bike' will come out and neutralise all racing, bunching the break back into the péloton, every time there's a crash, puncture, or they touch wheels without going down. Stages will all finish at velodromes since the fans can see more, and new team sponsors will include brands of BBQ sauce, cheap alcohol, budget supermarkets and furniture stores. If a race looks like going to interesting, unpredictable finishes, they will bunch it together in the last 2km for no apparent reason with the safety bike, so that we can have an exciting sprint finish. The points system will be ridiculously high-scoring, arbitrary and include points for things like leading the péloton as well as a number of almost inexplicable bonuses, the points will go to the team as well as the rider and only 12 riders can score points in week 3, and all their points will be reset on the 2nd rest day.

That is hilarious. Thank you. You've made my day!!

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Hmmmm...
So many Chris Horner threads to choose from. Which one to bump...which one to bump.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/horner-back-in-action-at-tirreno-adriatico

So we're all cool now? No other questions for Chris Horner?

The veteran American turned 41 last October...
New era!

yay.jpg

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
This is another mindless clinic thread. Horner is human just like the rest of us.
He was on his way back to the pro-continental circuit in the states and got thrown a chance by the dark lord. How we single out and use guilt by association. The guy races bikes for living and if he's conflicted about the turn of events then he's no different that the rest. He's the american outsider and should be given as much slack as any of the USPS crew who sold there soles to the devil tho save themselves. Self-serve ice cream.

I think his love of racing outways much. I learned a lot from his attitude towards life. He has to go to work and make a living like the rest. Indict him and you have to indict the sport. This is just selective horse****.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
This is another mindless clinic thread. Horner is human just like the rest of us.
He was on his way back to the pro-continental circuit in the states and got thrown a chance by the dark lord. How we single out and use guilt by association. The guy races bikes for living and if he's conflicted about the turn of events then he's no different that the rest. He's the american outsider and should be given as much slack as any of the USPS crew who sold there soles to the devil tho save themselves. Self-serve ice cream.

I think his love of racing outways much. I learned a lot from his attitude towards life. He has to go to work and make a living like the rest. Indict him and you have to indict the sport. This is just selective horse****.

Dude, you're a victim of post-modern overload. Ethan Hawke's character in Reality Bites is really just a d0uchebag with an inferiority complex. Quit watching movies and go to that intervention everyone has been trying to trick you into. Walk toward the light dude, walk toward the light.

BillytheKid said:
He's the american outsider and should be given as much slack as any of the USPS crew who sold there soles to the devil tho save themselves.

No chance I take Horner off my s**t list until he starts to make amends for his role, along with many others, in making a mockery of the sport. Not that I think some of the other's have come completely clean, but they're way ahead of Horner. Horner is in the same category that Boogerd was in up until today. Obvious to the whole world, yet still trying to put up the ridiculous front. Until he starts to open up, Horner is even more worthless than Boogerd.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
ChewbaccaD said:
Dude, you're a victim of post-modern overload. Ethan Hawke's character in Reality Bites is really just a d0uchebag with an inferiority complex. Quit watching movies and go to that intervention everyone has been trying to trick you into. Walk toward the light dude, walk toward the light.

Oh, yes supreme one. I trust in you. I will bow to your every command.:p

BillytheKid said:

Billy you win this weeks prize for post of the week!

A DVD set!

TDFD99-05.jpg

Kleenex tissues supplied.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
Oh, yes supreme one. I trust in you. I will bow to your every command.:p

Well...I wouldn't go that far. They took my Guru license for having both the Dead Kennedys and The Carpenters on my iPod. They didn't know if I was a poser or just mentally disturbed.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Explains most, if not all...

The dark-side lurks everywhere. One does not exclude the other...in my humble opinion. Deal cutting, the plea deal, ranks low with me. Horner really has never reap huge $$$ from this sport. I'll give him the grace of new-day puritans. Lets watch some racing today and not beat a dead horse over and over.

May 27, 2012
Visit site
BillytheKid said:
The dark-side lurks everywhere. One does not exclude the other...in my humble opinion. Deal cutting, the plea deal, ranks low with me. Horner really has never reap huge $$$ from this sport. I'll give him the grace of new-day puritans. Lets watch some racing today and not beat a dead horse over and over.

The reports of the horses death are greatly exaggerated...

BillytheKid said:

I would have used "their shoes" or "their souls" depending on what you were trying to say, whatever that was.

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
JRTinMA said:
I would have used "their shoes" or "their souls" depending on what you were trying to say, whatever that was.

That's funny because I just posted elswhere about how hard it must be for someone to learn English as second language because of the spelling challenges. I can't even claim that one here. You've got me by the soles of my feet. I am sure you'll walk all over me somehow.:p

TRENDING THREADS