• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Interview with Cavvy

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
That interview is a pretty good example of how ignorant most of the British sporting press is of professional cycling. The interviewer is fairly clued up and not as bad as some I have seen, but she still ends up asking Cav if he will ever win the Tour de France.

A

Anonymous

Jamsque said:
That interview is a pretty good example of how ignorant most of the British sporting press is of professional cycling. The interviewer is fairly clued up and not as bad as some I have seen, but she still ends up asking Cav if he will ever win the Tour de France.

i missed that.. was too busy chuckling about ballroom dancing.. :D

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
i missed that.. was too busy chuckling about ballroom dancing.. :D

dim, what's with the 'cavvy' name? you're the only one who uses it. he sounds like your pet or your ***** and i'm guessing it's not the latter! it's cav, dude. peace.

A

Anonymous

cav sounds too much like chav..

i dunno.. everyone i knows calls him cavvy.. but then we call wiggins wiggy, and sean kelly, seany.. think we have a thing about y's :D

Could be worse, you could call him Bingo like David Harmon did on stage 2 when Mark was dressed up all in pink. Older readers might understand that one, for I certainly never till he explained it.

Personally, I always say Mark unless it coming to a sprint or as I did at the top of my voice during the Madison during the World Track Champs in Manchester in 2008, "F'ing come on Cav!!!"

Have to say though that for an interview with a cyclist on British mainstream tv, though it was shortened for the actual programme it was very good, but Gabby Logan's constant cutting in when Mark was halfway through an answer or had just paused was really annoying.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:
Could be worse, you could call him Bingo like David Harmon did on stage 2 when Mark was dressed up all in pink. Older readers might understand that one, for I certainly never till he explained it.

Personally, I always say Mark unless it coming to a sprint or as I did at the top of my voice during the Madison during the World Track Champs in Manchester in 2008, "F'ing come on Cav!!!"

Have to say though that for an interview with a cyclist on British mainstream tv, though it was shortened for the actual programme it was very good, but Gabby Logan's constant cutting in when Mark was halfway through an answer or had just paused was really annoying.

lol, i seem to remember doing the same that saturday evening too dave! what an amazing atmosphere that was. gives me goose bumps thinking about it! followed with a celebratory curry and several kingfishers.

A

Anonymous

Big_Blue_Dave said:

to be honest, its mark when we are shouting at the telly, but thats not really enough here and cav seems a little impersonal.. think i always put cavvy in writing, mark when shouting.. cav.. dunno where that comes into it

like you say.. good interview considering it was bbc, and no doubt better than itv will manage in the summer (sherwen and ligget get on my tits more and more every year..)

dimspace said:
to be honest, its mark when we are shouting at the telly, but thats not really enough here and cav seems a little impersonal.. think i always put cavvy in writing, mark when shouting.. cav.. dunno where that comes into it

like you say.. good interview considering it was bbc, and no doubt better than itv will manage in the summer (sherwen and ligget get on my tits more and more every year..)

I do my best not to watch the ITV coverage, and that is even with my favourite filler presenter being on there too in Gary Imlach, if he were to replace that plank that does the studio coverage for Eurosport then that would be the complete TdF coverage dream team. Especially if they could have the studio at the Tour itself rather than being in London or Paris.

Also if ITV have Anthony MacCrossen (sp) doing any work suring the Tour then I might cry, nice guy but can't call a race to catch his musette. Maybe if ITV actually put the Tour on say ITV1 then it might get some decent viewership levels too, so they could show some live coverage rather than Loose Women or 60 Minute Makeover.

I really need to stop ranting on this subject now.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

i dunno.. everyone i knows calls him cavvy.. but then we call wiggins wiggy, and sean kelly, seany.. think we have a thing about y's :D

I think my wife refers to him as "Mister Dish". :cool:

I can beat her in a sprint so what could he have I don't:rolleyes:

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:

In Australia, we shorten everything rather than adding y's. So it would be Cav, Wigs, etc. Not sure what Kelly would be, maybe Ned?

TRENDING THREADS