• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

IOK suggests that Cycling should be removed from Olympics

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
neineinei said:
So should any other sport with an international federation who is helping their members getting away with doping.

There goes the entire Track and Field show! Seriously, a WADA banned dope distributor was invited and came to Nike's Olympic suite at the London stadium while the Track and Field show was running. Swimming and Tennis are probably gone too. Football and weightlifting absolutely, positively gone forever.

As for stainlessguy, you just don't get it. Doping is good for the IOC. The IOC has never actually wanted an anti-doping anything. The last president openly called for doping to be permitted. Every four years they get NEW WORLD RECORD!!!!! drama for their media content. There is no going back to the Olympics using amateur athletes.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
There goes the entire Track and Field show! Seriously, a WADA banned dope distributor was invited and came to Nike's Olympic suite at the London stadium while the Track and Field show was running.

I'm not sure IAAF, for all their many faults, can be held responsible for the ridiculous arrangements dreamed up between Carmelita Jeter, Marc Block and Nike.

Swimming and Tennis are probably gone too

FfINA are more inept than corrupt - they were much, much worse in the eighties. Tennis may well be the next great scandal - but ITF are powerless in the face of the pro tours.

Football and weightlifting absolutely, positively gone forever.

no arguments here.

Jul 6, 2012
Visit site
On the one hand, something resounding needs to be done.

On the other hand, the IOC has a much wider problem to worry about than cycling. If they nuke every dope tainted event then it's gonna be a short Olympics in 2016.

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
There goes the entire Track and Field show! Seriously, a WADA banned dope distributor was invited and came to Nike's Olympic suite at the London stadium while the Track and Field show was running. Swimming and Tennis are probably gone too. Football and weightlifting absolutely, positively gone forever.

As for stainlessguy, you just don't get it. Doping is good for the IOC. The IOC has never actually wanted an anti-doping anything. The last president openly called for doping to be permitted. Every four years they get NEW WORLD RECORD!!!!! drama for their media content. There is no going back to the Olympics using amateur athletes.

Mr. Dirty Works :
I understand more than you think and by the comments I see , not just yours but others as well I think its not just a few that think doping should be legal . However , like the Colombian president said many years ago. Don't do it, it costs more than a generation of children. That (legal doping) is something I cant agree to , ever. I think that sentiment can be echoed by many parents who have competing young athletes.
There are huge factors at stake that go beyond just breaking a record in an event.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts