• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ion Izagirre

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 9, 2017
Visit site
Gutted for him. I was really looking forward to see what he could do with a full team behind him. He looked to be in great shape and the course suited him.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
So 2 of my absolute favourite rider crashes out of the time trial on stage 1. Only 2 riders DNF. Ok.......

I don't really feel like following the race anymore. I'm of course going to, because I always do, but I had really big expectations built up, and they just vanished in such a horrible blow.

And what a disgraceful tv production! They didn't even mention that Izagirre had had a crash nor abandoned so we only found out after the stage. But I guess their brilliant graphics regarding the times of the riders make up for that. Oh, wait...

Re:

Alexandre B. said:
Gorka Izagirre
Tour Down Under
Tour d'Oman
Paris-Nice
Vuelta a Pais Vasco
Ardennaises
Tour de Romandie
Tour de France

Ion Izagirre
Tour Down Under
Abu Dhabi Tour
Dubaï Tour
Paris-Nice
Vuelta a Pais Vasco
Ardennaises
Tour de Romandie
Tour de France

Will he be the prime helper for Nibali at the Tour then?

Re: Re:

BalearicBeats said:
Alexandre B. said:
Gorka Izagirre
Tour Down Under
Tour d'Oman
Paris-Nice
Vuelta a Pais Vasco
Ardennaises
Tour de Romandie
Tour de France

Ion Izagirre
Tour Down Under
Abu Dhabi Tour
Dubaï Tour
Paris-Nice
Vuelta a Pais Vasco
Ardennaises
Tour de Romandie
Tour de France

Will he be the prime helper for Nibali at the Tour then?

Only TTT. Pozzo last man mountains.

Re:

yaco said:
Got to think Izagirre x 2 will be vital in the TTT - I am happy with Bahrain's strategy for the TDF.

Yeah, I hope they all stay healthy until TDF. Something like Nibs, Pozzo, Delfino, Izagirre*2, Sitsou, Navardauskas and Haussler sounds fairly strong team in all terrain of next year race.

TRENDING THREADS