• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Iron infusion

Mod hat on:

Hi, we have a policy of not allowing discussion of treatment recommendations. I don't think this falls within that, but it could go that way. With that in mind, could anyone replying please refrain from suggesting any other kind of treatments.

Cheers,

KB.

I appreciate i'm replying to a post thats several months old & I note the mods post, but I've had iron infusions before and they are nothing to worry about it. You're basically given an IV with a liquid that looks like coca cola.

The thing that should concern you is why you need one in the first place - they're usually given to people who are severely anaemic or have underlying health issues so make sure you're getting that sorted out. I had my last one a few years ago when I was severely anaemic, I was struggling to breathe & move, but as soon as the first drops hit my veins I instantly felt better.